Out with the Stage IV!

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Hey guys. Finally have been putting a few KM's on the car with my new combo. Wow is it impressive going from stock to a 2.76 upper and Stage IV Blower, TB & Plenum.
Can't wait to start meeting up with some more Albertans.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Hey guys. Finally have been putting a few KM's on the car with my new combo. Wow is it impressive going from stock to a 2.76 upper and Stage IV Blower, TB & Plenum.
Can't wait to start meeting up with some more Albertans.

So how did the tuning session go? Anytime after April 24 I am good to meet, might just have the pulley on by then. Then I just need to get in for a A/F check and I am good for the summer. So what are first and second like now(useless or not bad)?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
First is pretty useless for sure. But and second is definately slippery. I actually ended up getting a tune from Sambandait @ Mile Hi. His price was great and we talked a bit and he convinced me. Car runs amazing and should get it on the dyno this week to double check the A/F.
So after saying just get it tuned locally I ended up going email.....lol.
If I lived in Edmonton I would have gotten Martin to do the car but just wasn't really excited about the experience of Calgary guys when it comes to modded 03/04's.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
First is pretty useless for sure. But and second is definately slippery. I actually ended up getting a tune from Sambandait @ Mile Hi. His price was great and we talked a bit and he convinced me. Car runs amazing and should get it on the dyno this week to double check the A/F.
So after saying just get it tuned locally I ended up going email.....lol.
If I lived in Edmonton I would have gotten Martin to do the car but just wasn't really excited about the experience of Calgary guys when it comes to modded 03/04's.

Agreed, Sam know his shit too!! Pretty amazing how they can nail stuff without even being there. Goes to show tuning is a experience thing and local guys just haven't seen enough of these cars for me to trust them completely. Maybe we can make some pulls on the same day or something
Schyler

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Actually got a time booked for sure. Going to Techmotion on Thursday at 2:30pm. Numbers will definately be lower on Matthews Dyno but that's alright. I just want to double check the A/F.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Actually got a time booked for sure. Going to Techmotion on Thursday at 2:30pm. Numbers will definately be lower on Matthews Dyno but that's alright. I just want to double check the A/F.

Good stuff, was it tough to book a time? Numbers don't really matter as long as the car runs really strong. I just need a place to check out A/F at as well, I will go where ever I can get in quickly once my pulley is on, get to pick it up tomorrow(missed the damn mail guy today)

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Hey Schyler.
I think all the guys are super busy with the Dyno's. I've heard of having to wait over 3 weeks to get in for tuning. Matthew should be able to squeeze you in for a baseline though. I've dealt with him before and he is a real stand up guy. I'd try him first but I talked to a guy and he said Davenport would be able to do it quick. Sounds like their dyno doesn't get used much....lol.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Hey Schyler.
I think all the guys are super busy with the Dyno's. I've heard of having to wait over 3 weeks to get in for tuning. Matthew should be able to squeeze you in for a baseline though. I've dealt with him before and he is a real stand up guy. I'd try him first but I talked to a guy and he said Davenport would be able to do it quick. Sounds like their dyno doesn't get used much....lol.

Hahaha, yeah I wouldn't trust Davenport doing work on my stuff. Hell when I was 19 I built a 383 for myself that made more power then the 383s davenport was selling and I didn't even go that wild. Friend at school, his uncle just got his Z06 vette back from them, full exhaust, vortech blower, etc 500rwhp/470rwtq.

Anyways, got the lower today. Bastard is big, just hope I find a belt that fits without sending back like 3-4 belts. Going to start with a Gates 83-1/8". PM me your email address and I will take some pictures of the lower and send them to you.

I will try and give Matthew a call next week once I find a belt that fits, I just need a quick couple pulls to check A/F, Hermann can tweak shit for me after with me just datalogging on the street.

Schyler

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
PM Mosconiac. He ran a 8lb lower for a long time with stock upper. He'd be able to help you on belt selection. I was out cruising tonight. I've got in the boost a bit but not a ton yet. Still just want to be 100 percent sure. Tomorrow will tell. I'll take some pics tomorrow on the dyno and post a few in this section.
I stuck the pulley gaurd back on so the car pretty much looks completely stock....heh.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
PM Mosconiac. He ran a 8lb lower for a long time with stock upper. He'd be able to help you on belt selection. I was out cruising tonight. I've got in the boost a bit but not a ton yet. Still just want to be 100 percent sure. Tomorrow will tell. I'll take some pics tomorrow on the dyno and post a few in this section.
I stuck the pulley gaurd back on so the car pretty much looks completely stock....heh.

Looking stock is the only way to go! I have been talking with Ratt Fink on modularfords and he ran a 8lb lower, 3.5" alternator and had an 82" belt. So we figured with the 4.0" alternator I would need roughly a 83". I think I will be good, Mosconiac only ran a 3.2" alternator from what I remember talking to him. Yeah after tomorrow go and wack on it :burnout: I just hope I can get into a damn dyno session quickly.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Never got on the Dyno. Matthew's shop was broken into on wednesday night so we had to cancel. Hopefully i'll get it done in a couple weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread