Out of town - need a good mechanic in St Louis

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Mods,

I put this thread in this section to get some recommendations from people I trust. Less riff-raff than the other sections. Thanks for understanding.

All,

Southeastern Cobra owner and racer needing some help.

I am in Fairview Heights with my mother inlaw and need a good, reputable mechanic on the east side (IL) of St. Louis. I drove her 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee yesterday and the clutch packs in the rear end are on their way out. When you drive it in a tight circle, the inside tire will moan, bind and hop.

My father inlaw passed a couple of days ago and I would like to get something arranged on the repair before I leave the area next week. East St. Louis (yeah right), Collinsville, Fairview Heights, Belleville, Caseyville, out to the Scott AFB area.

Let me know if anyone has any leads. You can PM me or reply via this thread. Thanks in advance and I greatly appreciate it.

-Kevin

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Thanks, Greg.

Changed the front pads and rotors today on my MILs car -- in the rain, in the dirt, with tools I can't find, with a jack I don't like, with parts from a parts store I can't locate. LOL, joy oh joy!!!

Just trying to get her vehicles to a safe, reliable condition for my own state of mind.

-Kevin

black-plasma

Established Member
If you post this on stlmustangs.com I'm sure they can recommend someone on the IL side for you.

Users who are viewing this thread