Out of the ordinary exhaust setups.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
So after changing and rebuilding my exhaust about 6 different times, I finally came up with a sound I like. ( no sound clips as of right now but coming soon). I was trying to get a nice low/no drone setup that is close to stock sound levels and flows well. It now has a nice deep mellow tone that is not loud. So, has anyone else installed an exhaust system that is outside the box? I can't be the only crazy person out there to do something like this. Lol! And before you start knocking me for power loss, my car makes 574 rwhp on 91 octane pump gas with a 2.3 whipple pushing 13psi of boost. :beer:

21c572e0.jpg

moonltgold

Very nice, but is it adding a lot of weight? I also go for deep mellow, so I hand built a catted Magnaflow X with an H under the tranny and the back X opened up/dremeled out for smoother flow (2 7/8" dia downstream legs). (The Mag X has a design flaw that one can see if they open it up.)
And were in the ballpark - have 560 on 13lbs on 2.3. Other than DEEP it is very respectable sound around town until you get into it. I do have some drone however -- the Bassani baffles cut it down but don't eliminate.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Very nice, but is it adding a lot of weight? I also go for deep mellow, so I hand built a catted Magnaflow X with an H under the tranny and the back X opened up/dremeled out for smoother flow (2 7/8" dia downstream legs). (The Mag X has a design flaw that one can see if they open it up.)
And were in the ballpark - have 560 on 13lbs on 2.3. Other than DEEP it is very respectable sound around town until you get into it. I do have some drone however -- the Bassani baffles cut it down but don't eliminate.

The only added weight is the center muffler. My car is a street driven vert that sees the occasional open track day, so a few extra pounds doesn't really matter to me.

I also tried the two different mufflers ( Cora's red db and a dual mode m58) and it sounded horrible.

moot09

Established Member
Looks great! Only thing I dislike about quieting down the exhaust that much is the outside growl that you would normally hear under wot or part throttle turns into what sounds like a gust of air lol

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
So after changing and rebuilding my exhaust about 6 different times, I finally came up with a sound I like. ( no sound clips as of right now but coming soon). I was trying to get a nice low/no drone setup that is close to stock sound levels and flows well. It now has a nice deep mellow tone that is not loud. So, has anyone else installed an exhaust system that is outside the box? I can't be the only crazy person out there to do something like this. Lol! And before you start knocking me for power loss, my car makes 574 rwhp on 91 octane pump gas with a 2.3 whipple pushing 13psi of boost. :beer:

That is some nice work! It might even be just as nice as this one (which has an amazing sound as well):

M58_11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread