Out of Sate Sheriff?

SHOspazz92

Established Member
I have a quick question regarding something I saw today. I was driving home from work and saw a Unfamiliar Sheriff's Crown Vic driving next to me. It was from Georgia. I'm in North Carolina and not really that close to the border (Good 2-3 Hour Drive) of Georgia. It certainly was the Real Deal, Lights, Computer and Georgia Plates and a LEO in uniform. I did not Catch what county it was from tho. I was just wondering what a Georgia LEO would be doing this far out? Is this something Common?

Just Curious!

-Sam

RussZTT

Established Member
I see it alot. Usually there is some kind of police convention(cant think of a better name for it).
This. Friend of mine is DOT. I asked this same question and that was pretty much his answer. I didn't go into detail, I think he can pull you over still but can't do anything except hold you until another officer gets there.

polecat

Established Member
I was just wondering what a Georgia LEO would be doing this far out? Is this something Common?

Most logical reason I can think of is to extradite someone detained in your state on a GA warrant. Typically the agency holding the warrant is responsible for transportation from the jail the defendant is being held at back to the court with venue.

Users who are viewing this thread