Out at the local DragStrip today :)

Koolaid_Guy

Talk about fun, it was my first time at a strip and it was quite an event to watch these cars go down the 1/4, watching a car drag on the tv is nothing like real life.Supercharged trans am ws6, turbo civic's, n/a mustang's everything was there.It was the sport compact weekend so mostly alot of spot compact's there but let me tell yah these car are far beyond super slow.Some were low and high's 13 these civic's. 2002 stang gt running mid 13's with no mods i could see but a intake. If it had an exhaust it was damn quiet. Civic's running low 13's on turbo, some 14's with nitrous, ford probe running 14's. N/A mustangs running 11 and 10's without a power adder that i could see. The trans am blew his driveshaft clean off and got hit by a big camaro dragcar and smashed up his front bumper,hood and cracked his overflow tank.Mazda precedia on nitrous blew a half shaft on launch. Toyota supra there but it was near stock but ran well. Buddy there had 2 old nissan 240Z one black, the other red.Totally done up and both were trailered to the track with a new titan :eek: The cars were beautiful :burnout: there was some other minor mishaps, one bike had trouble starting, a honda accord was having nitrous problems, but overall it was a awesome day. Slowest car was an old beat monte carlo and a new celica gt. Most of the other ran well like some civic's were fast, few quick accord's, lots of fast stangs, and the trans am was running mid to low 12's before he blew the the driveshaft.Great weekend and alot of fast cars :rockon: And the burnouts MMMM notin like burnin rubber :burnout:

Koolaid_Guy

Originally posted by 94Mustang302
its fun at the dragstrip aint it man?

It ws a blast seeing and hearing these cars first hand go down no matter the car is awesome. seeing the supercharged ws6 TA take out it's driveshaft was quite the sight :eek: Some cars were slow but damn some can get up and boogie :rockon: The strip been around forever just never had the chance to go, but a buddy been there and said let's go down for the day and we did and we said to ourselves we will be back a few times this year.Talking to some of the owners, the mazda guy that blew his halftshaft out , we offered to help him push the car and had a talk about his car.Has a zex nitrous kit in it with some weight reduction. met a friend there where were boyfriend runs a gsxr 750 which is like wow at the strip to seem them fly like a bullet is amazing. they also had a modified honda crx totally gutted that runs 13's i think, pretty fast car. it was a great day though, bad sunburn but it was worth it :rockon: :thumbsup:

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
You just described what I'm doing tomorrow (Sunday).

Can't wait. :)

The dragstrip is an addicting atmosphere. It can also get expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread