our trucks look so ugly...

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
Ok before somebody comes to my house and beats my ass, let me finish.:burn:

our trucks look so ugly with out the bumper cover,

I am getting repainted had some ugly scratches and rock chips that drove me crazy everytime I washed the truck so finally I am doing something about it.:-D

bumper003.jpg

bumper002.jpg

bumper001.jpg

also thinking of getting rid off the bumper gap if I can find some info in how to do that.

smallz5.4

Established Member
Even with the light connectors hanging down?^^ To the OP i bet it still hauls!!! Im about to have it done also.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
I got a nasty rock chip on my hood that is pissin me off, it sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl.... I am just worried they cannot match the paint when I get it fixed and the cost is up there I am sure. Need to find a good painter.

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
headlights cover are there just to protect my headlights, the road leading to my work is just gravel and I had my headlights broken by a rock launched at me by a semi when I am behind them, I don't like them but those are the clearer headlight covers I could find.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Ok before somebody comes to my house and beats my ass, let me finish.:burn:

our trucks look so ugly with out the bumper cover,

I am getting repainted had some ugly scratches and rock chips that drove me crazy everytime I washed the truck so finally I am doing something about it.:-D

bumper003.jpg

bumper002.jpg

bumper001.jpg

also thinking of getting rid off the bumper gap if I can find some info in how to do that.

how did u get the bumper skin off by not removing the black piece?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Very simple.

Remove the two lower side brackets. Two 8mm bolts through the hard bumper and two 7mm screws.

Then if you still have your factory H/E remove the lower air deflector from the cover.

There are three pop rivet clips that hold the bumper cover to the hard bumper under the grille. Remove those and then the last two 7mm screws at the ends of the bumper. Big side cutters work well for these clips.

Unplug the fog lights and the cover will just peel off. Start at one end and just get the end of the cover over the hard bumper and then just peel it off the other end. An extra person helps a lot for this last step.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Very simple.

Remove the two lower side brackets. Two 8mm bolts through the hard bumper and two 7mm screws.

Then if you still have your factory H/E remove the lower air deflector from the cover.

There are three pop rivet clips that hold the bumper cover to the hard bumper under the grille. Remove those and then the last two 7mm screws at the ends of the bumper. Big side cutters work well for these clips.

Unplug the fog lights and the cover will just peel off. Start at one end and just get the end of the cover over the hard bumper and then just peel it off the other end. An extra person helps a lot for this last step.

THanks mr wizard.......

once again youve saved my behind, ill be using a second set of hands for this, i need to either bend the bracket behind the black bumper thing or i need to replace it, is that a beotch to do?

ViciousJay

Established Member
:dw: What bracket?? :dw:

ok well back in december i got sidewiped but a bus and when they fixed the bumper (did a crappy job) on the drivers side it looks as if theres mountain bubble about to burst thru the bumper, its really tight on one end and hugely gapped on the other side

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread