Our shop 2010 Camaro VS. our 2011 5.0 Mustang GT? Dyno charts!

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
[ame=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90056]Our shop 2010 Camaro VS. our 2011 5.0 Mustang GT? Dyno charts! - Camaro Forum - 2011 Camaro 2010 Camaro / Camaro Z28 SS Forums - Camaro5.com[/ame]

bull****

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
Yeah, they ran the mustang with 87 gas.. that's a drop in horsepower right there. Plus it's not even broken in yet and I'm sure the camaro is. There's already been a dyno test ran that shows they gain horsepower after broken in.

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
These guys are Chevy shop.

Posting supposed power with 87 then ETs with 87 that don't match up with what EVERYBODY else is seeing as well as when real world races with the new Stang and Camaro. the Mustang doesn't just beat the Camaro. It embrasses it on the street. Not even close.

and someone must have put a potato in the tailpipe on the Mustang. Average dyno #'s seem to be in the 370's, with some going higher.

funny how this shop didn't post on a Ford site. they are chevy fanboys trying to help their newly hopeless cause. LOL

I love both cars. More of a Mustang guy, but what they are doing is just goofy.

why even bother posting 87 octane performance (basically limp mode).

they didn't do that with the Camaro. good thing too, cause then it would look even more of a dog than it already is.

redsap05

Established Member
The following statement is coming from diehard lsx guy-- I have owned three of them. Although I like all american muscle, I am not a "fan boy" of any one brand. But damn those 5.0s are running fast, impressive to say the least. Which is why all the lsx fanboys are bashing it. What they dont realize is that ford has incorporated a "limp mode" if you will into the gt and the gt500 and sho I believe. Notice how all these dyno's of cars with under 500 miles on them all make 370rhp? The guy at livernois, his made 391 to the tire bone stock with 1500miles. With evolution running a 11.98 @ 117 today in a fairly stock both on automatic these guys in for a rude awakening.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Did they mention that the camaro ss is a good 200lbs heavier than the mustang gt? :shrug:

As I remember it that all they could talk about when the 07 gt500 came out. 3800lbs + is a pig, so what do they call their 3800lb camaros????

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Did they mention that the camaro ss is a good 200lbs heavier than the mustang gt? :shrug:

As I remember it that all they could talk about when the 07 gt500 came out. 3800lbs + is a pig, so what do they call their 3800lb camaros????

3800 lb camaro? 3800 lbs on a good night!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
anyone else actually read the thread? way to represent guys, really:rolleyes: props to bob cosby for REALLY representing the blue oval guys.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I did a similar test about a month ago here. Both the Mustang and Camaro were baselined bone stock with less than 100 miles, both were manual trans cars.

Here is a graph showing a stock LS3 SS vs the 5.0. The LS3 makes more power/tq the entire way, but that is expected from the larger displacement. The Mustang is lighter though, so it may come down to drivers in a race.

Blue is Camaro, Red is Mustang

LS3Camarov201150.jpg

-Rick

Users who are viewing this thread