our my numbers right?

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
Hey guys i got my car dynotuned today and was wondering if my numbers are on par. I live in calgary, alberta canada and our elevation out here is in the mid-low 4000 range above. The dyno was a md-600 mustang dynamometer. The 04 cobra has WMS 4'' C/C CAI, Billetflow 2.93 upper, Billetflow 4pc idlers, Bassani O/R X, Bassani catback and some other things done to the driveline etc. Using a Diablo predator on 91 octane car made 396.3 RWHP 376.7 FT-LB. Now the wierd thing is the car only saw a max boost of 10.69 PSI and averaged at 9.89. Tuner said he tuned for reliability and was a conservative tune, and the reason why im only seeing 10psi is cause of our altitude mixed with the exhuast yada yada. He says the A/F is a little on the rich side it goes from 12.88 and the average is 11.76 or something. Im not sure on the timing but i thought i heard 22 dg lol. I dont know, sorry for the long post just trying to figure this out. Tuner said i made good power for his dyno and he is reputable. Any help would be appreciated.

svtmassa

Established Member
theres another guy on here from canada with some low numbers also. he has a sonic blue ported cobra with 430 hp I think???

Fat-cat

Established Member
Thats me and yes the numbers are about right for a mostly stock cobra.. i assume it was matthew at techmotion My car went 12.1 at 116.5 with the power i made so its on par for mods and et with guys at lower elevation for sure. The numbers are close to what i was at pre port so you are about where you should be.. numbers dont mean squat but i bet it feels good. His dyno also reads lower then any other in our area and boost is low by about 2 psi... also his tunes are way on the safe side ... my car beats on damn near everything so dont feel the numbers are hurting you.

Last edited:

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Your elavation and 91 octane are what is reducing your numbers. 22 degrees timing on 91 octane is fairly agressive. Do you have a picture of the a/f graph?

Fat-cat

Established Member
his A/f will be in the same rang as mine mid 11 untill high rpm and starts to dip towards the 10's if i had to guess cause thats what mine does and i bet he has no more then 20 max timing in the car.. mine only has 20 and i had to push him to do it

Last edited:

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
cool. Thanks for the info fat-cat, i was supposed to buy your cobra not to long ago. Remember me? louis off of p-shop. Anyways, i love my cobra and its mean as hell now and your right his tunes are on the safe side, im not sure exactly on the timing but i hope its not at 22 haha.

Users who are viewing this thread