Our 2011 Super Duty - "The Pit Boss"

KrisHorton

Boost Junkie
Established Member
What's up guys. I saw the Super Duty forum on here and thought I'd post up some pics of my shop's project truck, which we named "The Pit Boss."

It's a 2011 F-350 Super Duty dually which we've dropped, retrofitted custom widened 08-10 rear fenders from Street Scene, added custom side skirts w/side exhaust, and a front splitter featuring LED running lights. We built this truck for the 2010 SEMA Show where it was featured in Ford's booth. It's been at a number of shows in SoCal and is making a return visit to the SEMA Show this year where it'll be in American Force Wheels' booth, running a set of their new 26" dually wheels.

The goal in designing the truck was to build an aggressive looking street truck that could act as a support vehicle for road or drag race cars. In the bed it's got a custom actuator system that lifts the bed lid up to reveal a cage that holds a spare set of wheels and tires for the car it'd be hauling as well as nitrous tanks (which we've currently got plumbed to work on the truck as well). The bed also contains a set of jack stands and a lightweight jack as well as Anzo LED work lights and rail lights and set of SwingCase toolboxes.

I could go on and on about the truck, but I really just wanted to post up some pics. This was our shop's first big project with Ford. It was stressful as hell and a huge learning experience for us as builders. We're hoping to build more of these trucks (mostly in terms of exterior and interior styling) someday soon. Hope you guys dig the pics. I know not everyone will love the lowered/big wheel look but we dig it. :)

RunningLights2.jpg

PitBoss_at_SEMA_Side.jpg

PitBoss_at_SEMA_Rear.jpg

PitBoss_Front.jpg

TruckBed_2.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
**** i loved this truck!!! The rear flares look so much better than the current ones that they switched to

KrisHorton

Boost Junkie
Established Member
**** i loved this truck!!! The rear flares look so much better than the current ones that they switched to

Thanks man! Yeah, that's one of the most commented-on things on the truck. Lots of people outright hate the new rounder fenders. I know it's not the most "progressive" way of thinking, putting the last generation's fenders on the truck, but it really works with the look of the truck I think.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I couldn't agree more.. My dad just picked up a '11 dually and I'm still on the fence about the fenders.. doesn't look as bad in person but still. had they had kept the old style the truck would be perfect in my opinion.. But it looks like you can buy them much like you did..

KrisHorton

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Yeah, you can get the 2 3/4" wider ones from Street Scene too. The main thing to consider when doing the retrofit is the mounting hole difference. It's not too bad though, you just need to have a body shop mark the mounting holes and put threadserts into the bed sides so you can bolt the fenders to the truck. It's not a fun job but also not the most difficult thing to do.

KEMPerformance

Established Member
That truck looks familiar, except it was missing just a few pieces at 2AM a few days before SEMA! Looks good Kris! Call me sometime.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread