OT: My other toy!

Andy M

Established Member
Guys, since I am almost one of the family now?, I figured you guys would not mind if I shared some pics of my other toy with you...

Here is my M5... affectionately known as the BEAST! of course, I think the R will now assume that name, so I'll probably have to find another name fitting for the M5?

View

next is a pic of the tail end with the Supersprint exhaust...
View

this a pic from under the hood..notice the carbon fiber Cold Air Intake...
View

The car has a 400 HP V8 (4.9 liters) with 370 lb/ft of torque. The tranny is a 6 speed. I've done quite a few mods to it since I bought it in June of 2000. It has 345 HP at the rear wheels and 300 lb/ft RWT at 2000 RPMs (335 lb/ft RWT at 4400 RPMs). It will do 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and has a top speed of approx 175 mph, since the 155 top speed governer has been removed. I have driven it at 160+ and it feels very secure at that speed. It weighs 4000 pounds and has a 52/48 weight distribution, making it very stable at high speeds. This car was made to cruise the Autobahn at very high speeds.

Here is a list of the performance mods on the car...

1) Dinan Cold Air Intake - Carbon Fiber tubes with K&N filters

2) Dinan Stage II software - removes top speed governer, increases RPMs from 7000 to 7300, and remaps fuel/air mixture to accomodate the CAI

3) Dinan Stage II suspension with KMAC camber plates - consists of Koni struts front and rear (adjustable), front and rear aluminum strut braces, and stiff anti-sway bars front and rear

4) UUC short shifter - street version

5) Dinan 3.45:1 diff - (stock diff was 3.15) -> provides a noticable acceleration improvement!

I've also done some other non-performance mods to the car as well.

The Cobra R will certainly make a great stable-mate for my German cruiser!

Thanks in advance for letting me share this with you!!! I hope you don't mind?

Last edited:

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Great car Andy. If I could pick 3 cars, that would be one of them. I've always loved the style of the Bimmers and with a motor like that, how could you go wrong?

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
nice.

does the color have a "pearl" look to it.

i see a fleet of red hue cars in your future:D

Kevin, the color is called "Imola Red" named after a city in Italy. It is a very dark, deep, non-metallic red. Looks fabulous in all types of light! Appears lighter red in the sun, and much darker (as in the picture) late in the afternoon when the sun is setting.

By the way, my Nissan Frontier is also red!! ;)

JoeJ

Established Member
M5

Andy,

Hey that is a neat car. Man I bet it is a blast to drive. Love the color. Yep, the Cobra R will fit right in with it.

If you want to look at the dyno sheets for my Cobra R before and after I installed the Bassani exhausts, please go to the following:
http://communities.msn.com/SVTCobraR/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=22

Hope to run with you at TWS when we get a chance.

Later,

Andy M

Established Member
Re: M5

Originally posted by JoeJ
Andy,

Hey that is a neat car. Man I bet it is a blast to drive. Love the color. Yep, the Cobra R will fit right in with it.

If you want to look at the dyno sheets for my Cobra R before and after I installed the Bassani exhausts, please go to the following:
http://communities.msn.com/SVTCobraR/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=22

Hope to run with you at TWS when we get a chance.

Later,
Joe,

Thanks! Yes the M5 is a blast to drive! Total luxury and comfort and can still hang with most sports cars.

Hey man, pretty impressive numbers on your R! So, dare I ask what the Bassini exhaust costs???? installed? Did you get it done at Kenny Bumbera's place?

Users who are viewing this thread