OT: My anti-virus software is going crazy on this site...

nhs156

Established Member
About 5 minutes ago I got a message about an embedded object on the forum homepage containing a Trojan. 3 mins ago I got a message about malicious malware. Am using Kasperseky - anyone else getting messages like these???

railroad

Established Member
Had a couple of pop up warnings last night. They would appear then disappear. Computer will not return after reading a thread.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Similar issue, did repairs and my anti virus said the item originated in Beging. At times would not go back to a page. Not the first time happened a while back so be cautious.

Blown38

Established Member
I was getting a Java error. Happened on my work and home computer but only once on each computer.

Simon_C

Established Member
If people's PCs are not browsing properly they may be infected with Malware.

Hitman Pro is a free download and is very good. If it won't install may need to run in safe mode with networking.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
problems

If people's PCs are not browsing properly they may be infected with Malware.

Hitman Pro is a free download and is very good. If it won't install may need to run in safe mode with networking.

My pc is browsing properly. The comments are I think all related to incident's on this site. And thus the thread relating to it. I think most of us have pretty good coverage/protection.

Simon_C

Established Member
My pc is browsing properly. The comments are I think all related to incident's on this site. And thus the thread relating to it. I think most of us have pretty good coverage/protection.

I hope you are right and it is just Adware. The original poster mentioned Malware and a Trojan. Someone else mentioned not being able to access the interweb.

I have Norton 360 and it didn't pick up the Malware that infected me a few months ago (not from this site). It got so bad my PC wouldn't launch anything on Youtube, wouldn't launch Explorer and wouldn't reboot or shut down. I tried a few dedicated Malware programs to find the Trojan. Each one found different malware.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I had to do some interaction and it is a Trojan type virus that My stuff showed so take it serious start up in safe mode with networking run a full scan perhaps system restore exct. Basically be careful. I left the Norton camp a few years ago.

Simon_C

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I had to do some interaction and it is a Trojan type virus that My stuff showed so take it serious start up in safe mode with networking run a full scan perhaps system restore exct. Basically be careful. I left the Norton camp a few years ago.

What do you use instead? I have my doubts about Norton too.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I run noscript, never had an issue. No sense in running every piece of code the internet throws at your browser.

Florian

Established Member
AVG with NoScript and Adblocker (all run on Firefox)....Im covered, but I still got a Java exploit warning early today on this site.

F

Users who are viewing this thread