OT: Anyone going to Cappy's auction in Illinois?

PETSNKE

Established Member
I'd like to check it out since it's somewhat local for me.
$80 admission and $150 bidder registration fee will keep riff-raff like myself away.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
PETSNKE said:
I'd like to check it out since it's somewhat local for me.
$80 admission and $150 bidder registration fee will keep riff-raff like myself away.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I agree, thats steep! I may need to ask you a favor if I win anything ;-)

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
buying lit&art ken? or do i get to drive an old lincoln to new jersey? holy cow would i love to drive that '56 lincoln premier convert.
an intake, carb, valve covers, and air cleaner for my 60 merc wagon with a 430 :coolman:
I tried to get a super marauder (3 deuce setup) but it went for $3300 :dw: and the respective lincoln part $6000 :eek:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
not sure, they are so rare that I've never had a chance to see one....pretty slick looking setup! I wish they showed it without the breather mounted also....here is the photo from the auction:

0221_1_lg.jpg

I basically got screwed out of another auction, which is total :bs:

I won a sand casting mold for the aluminum valve covers shown above, then I got a message saying "the auctioneer did not understand your request" and they went to a floor bidder for $50 less than my bid of $400 :fm:

In their terms, it says they have the right to decline an internet bidder's bid, and give it to a floor bidder :mj:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread