ORX and Anti-foulers

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
There is a ton of info on here with ppl using the stacked anti-foulers to trick the computer. I just picked up my orx and I was thinking about trying this this weekend. So the anti-foulers will pretty much help prevent you from throwing the CEL light and stop the computer from trying to dump gas to cool the cats? I will get a tune here soon, but this seems like a pretty good trick for the time being. Any thoughts?

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Anti foulers won't help with COT. That is why you would need a tune to turn it off.

If they don't prevent COT, why didn't I get a CEL over the span of 3000 miles with them installed with a O/R X?

Logic would tell me if there's no CEL= No COT. Will you get maximum performance out of the O/R midpipe with just the de-foulers, NO. Will it prevent COT, I have no reason to believe they won't.

-Nick

scotmach

Established Member
Because you won't get a CEL for COT. But that doesn't mean your car still isn't dumping fuel to cool the cats which are no longer present. Do it right the first time instead of trying to take a short cut.

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Because you won't get a CEL for COT. But that doesn't mean your car still isn't dumping fuel to cool the cats which are no longer present. Do it right the first time instead of trying to take a short cut.

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the whole point of stacking the anti-foulers. Moving the O2's out of the direct stream will make sure they do not read the true temperature. Meaning if the sensors are not reading the heat then there is no need to have the computer to drop fuel.

Gremlin85

Established Member
I could be wrong, but I thought that was the whole point of stacking the anti-foulers. Moving the O2's out of the direct stream will make sure they do not read the true temperature. Meaning if the sensors are not reading the heat then there is no need to have the computer to drop fuel.

It'll still get exhaust temps being set back in the anti-foulers.

What you're doing with the anti-foulers is setting the O2 Sensors out of the direct path of the exhaust stream. This in turn tricks the computer just enough into thinking there are still cats in place. The tempurature will still be about the same and if the sensors read too high of an exhaust temp, the ECU will then default to the cat over temp protection tables and add the required fuel to cool down the cats that it thinks are still there.

A tune can change the COT tables to either soften them up so it doesn't dump as much fuel or completely disable them.

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
It'll still get exhaust temps being set back in the anti-foulers.

What you're doing with the anti-foulers is setting the O2 Sensors out of the direct path of the exhaust stream. This in turn tricks the computer just enough into thinking there are still cats in place. The tempurature will still be about the same and if the sensors read too high of an exhaust temp, the ECU will then default to the cat over temp protection tables and add the required fuel to cool down the cats that it thinks are still there.

A tune can change the COT tables to either soften them up so it doesn't dump as much fuel or completely disable them.

Ok, thanks. I was on the fence about doing it. Ill just wait to get a tune and do it all at once.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread