Orlando tuning

Kozak_SVT

Of Their Own Accord
Established Member
So ive been asking different tuners around the Central Florida area and i have been recommended C&H Motorsports and VMP tuning. Both mentioned asked about $500+ for tune, which seems a bit, but i was also recommended Randy Smith as a good tuner as well. He said he could tune my truck for $200, but he'll be at the Daytona meet next weekend and he will be doing "live street tuning." I dont know if thats equal to a dyno run tuning wise or if itll be ok. Have quite a bit of money in this truck and really dont want to have someone mess it up with an improper tune. I had it tuned (not dyno tuned though) by Willie who my dad knows in Miami but his tunes have always been 80% never completely right.

Im sort of anxious to get the truck tuned right because im not sure how driving it everyday as my daily when its not dyno tuned is doing to it. Going half throttle it goes to 10.9-11.5 on the A/F gauge which is really rich.

Should i pony up the $500 and go for the dyno tunes at either of the two places above or do the "live street run" with Randy Smith? Money for the tune isnt the issue as id rather pay more for a better tune rather than save on the tune and pay for it big time later.

I have both a Diablo Predator and SCT X4 so im not limited on options.

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
Kevin MacDonald will be down in Miami in a couple of weeks doing some tuning, I would suggest having him tune the truck. He is one of the best Lightning tuners out there.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If you want the truck to run well and ET at the track I'm not sure is go with vmp or c&h. Randy had a good rep for running lightnings as far as I know and a street tune is fine. As mentioned Kevin Macdonald is an excellent tuner with a long history of tuning lightnings that ET. He was the most thorough tuner I've seen when working on my mustang. He will probably be in the same ballpark as vmp or c&h price wise

whobock

Tipton Co. Garbage Truck
Established Member
Eric Korn is one of the best around right now. He just tuned my truck and he has tuned a lot of fast lightnings.

After I built my engine I didn't really know who to get to tune the truck. I used someone that was advised to me. It was a disaster. Truck had no power and didn't run right. Found Eric Corn on LR by accident. I was having fueling problems and he diagnosed it online. I didn't listen to him at first and chased the problem for another month. Finally did what he suggested and it fixed the fueling issue.

I then told him about my tuning issue. He had me send him my handheld and he loaded a tune on it. It was night and day difference.

He was finally able to come tune the truck in person last week and it's even better now. He spent 12 hours on my truck and I ended up with 6 different tunes. 3 on 93 octane and 3 on race gas. You won't find anyone more through than Eric.

His screen name on LR is modular big bore stroker. (All one word)

Eric fixes a lot of tunes that other tuners have messed up or couldn't make run right.

Just make sure you get a guy that knows lightnings and knows how to work the transmission in the tune.

Good luck.

Kozak_SVT

Of Their Own Accord
Established Member
Eric Korn is one of the best around right now. He just tuned my truck and he has tuned a lot of fast lightnings.

After I built my engine I didn't really know who to get to tune the truck. I used someone that was advised to me. It was a disaster. Truck had no power and didn't run right. Found Eric Corn on LR by accident. I was having fueling problems and he diagnosed it online. I didn't listen to him at first and chased the problem for another month. Finally did what he suggested and it fixed the fueling issue.

I then told him about my tuning issue. He had me send him my handheld and he loaded a tune on it. It was night and day difference.

He was finally able to come tune the truck in person last week and it's even better now. He spent 12 hours on my truck and I ended up with 6 different tunes. 3 on 93 octane and 3 on race gas. You won't find anyone more through than Eric.

His screen name on LR is modular big bore stroker. (All one word)

Eric fixes a lot of tunes that other tuners have messed up or couldn't make run right.

Just make sure you get a guy that knows lightnings and knows how to work the transmission in the tune.

Good luck.

I assume hes near Central Fl? And do you have his contact info? EDITED: Nvm, didnt see you posted his LR info.

Last edited:

whobock

Tipton Co. Garbage Truck
Established Member
I'm looking at this on my phone. If you have sct prp he can do it that way.

He tuned a 9 second truck from his couch that way.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Eric knows his shit as best I can tell.

What I mean by run well and ET is theres a difference it making decent dyno numbers and making it run at the track (or on the street). Trans tuning is crucial on these trucks and needs a lot more attention than most give it. Then theres the whole ramped timing as well to get it off the line.

Dusten

Established Member
Street tuning is better than a dyno. Its easier to detect drivability issues, and the vehicle is loaded correctly.

Randy is a great tuner.

like whobock I am working with korn to get my truck straightened out.

Users who are viewing this thread