orings

rondog622

Established Member
ok..i think this will hopefully be my last question. i'm trying to find out what size O-rings I need for the two tubes that go into the intercooler. I figure if they are easy enough to get I may as well replace them while I have it open. and what type of material should they be made of I have noticed some are made for different applications.

thanks
ron

nrmustang

Established Member
Call Steve @ Tasca. Your already wanting to go OEM on the other stuff, so go OEM on this too.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Or any #115 o-ring is same size (17.12x2.62), available at any auto parts/hardware store. Can even upgrade to a Viton if your heart desires.

rondog622

Established Member
oh ok..thanks highcomp....I knew there was a diff in what the rings were made of. so the viton is better..thanks again!!
Ron

cj428mach

Established Member
Its kind of pain to replace them and water in the oil isn't worth the gamble so I went oem. I think they're like $7 a piece even from a discount place dealer.

nrmustang

Established Member
Its kind of pain to replace them and water in the oil isn't worth the gamble so I went oem. I think they're like $7 a piece even from a discount place dealer.

Water in the oil? :shrug: Not these o-rings...more like water in your cylinders

cj428mach

Established Member
Water in the oil? :shrug: Not these o-rings...more like water in your cylinders

Yeah I wasn't thinking I'm use to pushrod engines where a leak like this would go right into the lifter valley. Either way its not worth risking for me.

SlowSVT

Established Member
For use in cooling systems where water is present make sure the O-ring is made from EPDM rubber. McMaster Carr carries a wide array of O-rings.

Users who are viewing this thread