Original pulleys ?

Mongopushn

Established Member
Here's a 2010 Im interested in ,kinda local. Are these stock pulleys? I thought they are normally black ?Also, what is the other pulley for ?

7e8a2b7c47054e779bccfcbeaf9c9f40!20140221043812000.jpg

Last edited:

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely aftermarket. The pulley on the left is an idler pulley to help reduce belt slip.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Def. aftermarket.

Since you know it has been modded there is a whole new set of questions you should be asking yourself...

Who tuned it?
Other Mods?
Was it De-modded too?
Many others...

Good luck, I always try and buy stock but it could be set just right.

Mongopushn

Established Member
Def. aftermarket.

Since you know it has been modded there is a whole new set of questions you should be asking yourself...

Who tuned it?
Other Mods?
Was it De-modded too?
Many others...

Good luck, I always try and buy stock but it could be set just right.

Yep, I agree. Its at a large dealer in Memphis, unless one of them owned it personally I doubt they would know the history.I would say someone in Memphis tuned seeing as its a local car on carfax. I'm scared if they re-flashed it to stock it could not be running 100% with the pulleys. I think I'll keep looking unless they want to throw in a nice warranty, as is.

Her's a link if anyone recognizes the car...
Used 2010 Ford Mustang GT500 (Black Car) | Serving Bartlett, Germantown & Memphis Tennessee | AutoNation Ford Lincoln Wolfchase

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
If it was tuned locally the only place they would have gone is dynospeed. If I get a chance i'll run by and look at the car. I'm not as familiar with them as i am a terminator but should be able to notice aftermarket parts.

impactblue

Established Member
Notice the cover on the positive terminal is pulled away. Just kinda makes you wonder what happened for it to sit so long it was jumped off

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Looks like a steeda 2.65 pulley with a 90mm idler, I believe the 10s have the knock sensors as well so it's not that big of a deal. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong, wouldn't be afraid to buy that car just get an a/f gauge and a new tune before going hard into boost with it.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
I wouldnt be afraid of it either so long as you find out who tuned it (the one and most important thing with these cars in my opinion). If the car had been run with no tune for the last year (or a crap tune) ... then I would be scared. But, if the dealership or previous owner can produce a X3 with a VMP tune for a 2.6 pulley or something like that ... i think that car is good to go. It is very lightly modded to begin with.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I would take the car to a trusted shop/ mechanic and have them go over it. If the dealership can't come up with the handheld tuner you can use that against them to lower the price. I tried the link and only saw an 09 GT500, did the 10 sell? If you do buy it, immediately get a tuner and tune for what's done to the car. You know if they had a smaller blower pulley and idler on it they def had a cai and probably a TB but didn't change the tune and sold the hand held. I bought a similar car with similar issues but I got it all straightened out and I ended up with a great car.

Users who are viewing this thread