Original 93 Exhaust Or Not?

brian3724

Established Member
I have been thinking of adding an exhaust onto my Cobra, but as far as all of the research I did on the particular Cobra that I purchased and speaking with previous owners, to the best of my knowledge the car is 100% stock and original, and from what I understand it is pretty rare for a 93 to still have the original exhaust. So I took some photos this afternoon of the exhaust and was hoping that you all could take a look and hopefully verify that it is indeed an original 93 Cobra exhaust. If it is, then I'm going to just keep it on just to keep the car original since there aren't too many of those around anymore. Some of the pictures were taken at tough angles, but hopefully they're good enough. Thanks for the help!

ImageShack Album - 18 images

TX93Cobra

Established Member
I believe that is the stock muffler part number and the other muffler should have a 5232-cc? looks stock.

WillyB93

Established Member
Look to be stock to me, If you do decide to swap just keep the originals and don't cut them. You can change just the mid pipe with the cats to get a little more noise, if you don't live in a emissions testing state.

n2fords2003

Established Member
I also have an all original cobra with stock exhaust. I changed the mid pipe to an off road X but keep the rest original. It was a bit raspy. Not deep tone thats beloved on mustangs. Plus it bothered me so much that I had made the first change to the car in 18 years that I returned to back to stock.. Your going to sleep better at night knowing your car is as it should be as a survivor.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
OEM stuff. Like Willy said, just drop all of the stuff off without cutting it out and put it away some place safe.

brian3724

Established Member
Thanks guys, I think I'll just stick to the stock sound. I sounds good as is and I'd hate to make the first change from stock after almost 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread