orders???

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Ok, mods feel free to delete this if its total crap, I dont see any new threads but my dealer just left me a message saying the orders are open (his exact words were "the orders are open as I'm sure you already know") and the first one they are getting will be race red and they will have it by March and he will let me know the details on the packages it has soon. Sounds kinda ehhh to me....

===I AM NOT SAYING THE ORDERS ARE OPEN===

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
they sure are open for the other mustangs in the lineup, which puts it in line for spring delivery like everyone said. However the GT500 wont be available till about june word is. Not sure if the dealer is confused, proof would help though such as a pic of the car in the showroom..lol

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
they sure are open for the other mustangs in the lineup, which puts it in line for spring delivery like everyone said. However the GT500 wont be available till about june word is. Not sure if the dealer is confused, proof would help though such as a pic of the car in the showroom..lol

Yeah I mean he said straight - the orders for the GT500 are open as I'm sure you already know. god I hope I don"t have to find a whole new dealer cause my guy it is tool :nonono:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I was with 2 different Ford dealers today. Asked them both about order guides. They said nothing yet.

Also, the order guide comes out before the order banks open.

Winnidude

Established Member
They must have gotten some of kind of notice from Ford, cause my dealer sent me an email today as well, saying orders will be open in the next few weeks and to bring down my deposit to stay on the list.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
They must have gotten some of kind of notice from Ford, cause my dealer sent me an email today as well, saying orders will be open in the next few weeks and to bring down my deposit to stay on the list.

It's possible their beginning of the month email from their zone rep said that orders would open this month...as we've known all along.

So maybe these dealers are trying to get a gauge of who is serious.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
It's possible their beginning of the month email from their zone rep said that orders would open this month...as we've known all along.

So maybe these dealers are trying to get a gauge of who is serious.

very likely on this answer right here

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I do know that usually the 2nd or 3rd of the month the zone reps send out a recap of the previous month, and what to look forward to in the next month email.

Get your checkbooks ready.

speedrx

Established Member
I wouldn't get too excited, I understand the Order Guides are still about a month out. Some dealers will try to leverage the excitement to get people to put down deposits, also judge interest to predict success of ADM's.

Since Ford has announced no limit on quanities, there will be no reason to pay an ADM, deals will be had below MSRP.

91svtbird

Established Member
I wouldn't get too excited, I understand the Order Guides are still about a month out. Some dealers will try to leverage the excitement to get people to put down deposits, also judge interest to predict success of ADM's.

Since Ford has announced no limit on quanities, there will be no reason to pay an ADM, deals will be had below MSRP.

Exactly! good post ^

Winnidude

Established Member

Is it possible the price is not set yet and that this interest and deposits could drive price up?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ford won't do that.

They are well aware at this point what it will be priced at.

They are also well aware that there are some people with extra means that want to purchase this car, however they know that they would not be able to sell 5k units at the increased price.

They would lose a lot of sales to the z06, used zr1, gtr, used 997tt if they price it in the 80k range....though some will still pay 80k with dealer markup.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yeah they're called retards. you would literally have to be an idiot to pay 80k

Hey if you have worked 18 hour days for 20 years + to make your millions and want to have the 1st on the block, more power to you. I see nothing wrong with people spending money they have on things they want.

The sad thing is that people will finance 60k when they have no savings and are over 100k in debt already to have the first one out.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Hey if you have worked 18 hour days for 20 years + to make your millions and want to have the 1st on the block, more power to you. I see nothing wrong with people spending money they have on things they want.

The sad thing is that people will finance 60k when they have no savings and are over 100k in debt already to have the first one out.

just one of the reasons this economy sucks, people living beyond their means

Users who are viewing this thread