Ordering Midpipe. Need Opinions.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Alright, i'm finally getting around to modding my cobra. I'm having steeda full length subs put on and want to go ahead and put an off road mid pipe on as well. I've got the stock catback. So i'm either going to go with an offroad vrs x pipe, or an offroad mac h pipe. What do you guys recommend? I know the x sounds more exotic and is a little quiter, and the h is louder and has more of a classic muscle car sound. So what do you guys think. Just need a few opinions before I order!

Mac offroad H
or.....
VRS offroad x

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I've got a Bassani offroad X and my stock catback and its nice. It'll do till winter.

I haven't heard the stock with a H-pipe though.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
I've got a Bassani offroad X and my stock catback and its nice. It'll do till winter.

I haven't heard the stock with a H-pipe though.

Is it pretty loud? I imagine having an offroad mid with the stock catback is louder than having most any catback with a stock mid.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
honestly my bassani o/r x is wicked loud! of course it is going through magnapacks but still.. i wouldnt say the x is quiet by any means

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
JD_2001_svt said:
Alright, i'm finally getting around to modding my cobra. I'm having steeda full length subs put on and want to go ahead and put an off road mid pipe on as well. I've got the stock catback. So i'm either going to go with an offroad vrs x pipe, or an offroad mac h pipe. What do you guys recommend? I know the x sounds more exotic and is a little quiter, and the h is louder and has more of a classic muscle car sound. So what do you guys think. Just need a few opinions before I order!

Mac offroad H
or.....
VRS offroad x

You're going to have to decide which sound you'd like better (exotic or muscle). As for which brand to go with, I've only dealt with MAC and can testify that they sell a great product. Installation was a piece of cake both times, the only bad thing is the 02 sensor locations aren't perfect (not terrible by any means, just not as well placed as stock). And don't forget that MAC's o/r prochamber is an x-pipe type of design.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I LOVE the sound of my mac o/r prochamber. Makes my car sound nice. Not too loud, just perfect.

zPipes

Established Member
Hey snake 01, which brand is that, I am interested. I currently have an o/r x but prefer the H. JD, me personally I like the deep throaty classic muscle tone. I prefer H. the x isnt bad and I've heard it has better flow. But I think the H will be better for myself, since im goin o/r i have no cats for any back pressure, maybe the H will work better? Or maybe I'm just biased looking for justification.. dunno. GL with your tho.. btw, I am getting ready to sell mine. BBK o/r xpipe fits stock headers, under 3k miles on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread