Ordering confusion

Hourigan218

Established Member
:shrug:I need some straight NO B.S. answers please. I am looking to pick up a 13 but my dealer here does not even know if they are able to order one much less recieve one. They are an SVT dealership and have a tendency to ADM, so I will be and have been talking to other dealerships but I am hearing that I cannot order anymore as all the allocations for this model year are spoken for. How is this even possible? Is ford really only gonna build a limited amout and as I have heard they were gonna build as many as ordered. If i'm gonna order one I need to armed with the facts. Plus does anyone in Texas know if there are any dealers willing to do MSRP or lower. Any help here please. Again thanx and congrats to those that have their cars or have orders waiting.:shrug::fm:

farmboy90

Established Member
:shrug:I need some straight NO B.S. answers please. I am looking to pick up a 13 but my dealer here does not even know if they are able to order one much less recieve one. They are an SVT dealership and have a tendency to ADM, so I will be and have been talking to other dealerships but I am hearing that I cannot order anymore as all the allocations for this model year are spoken for. How is this even possible? Is ford really only gonna build a limited amout and as I have heard they were gonna build as many as ordered. If i'm gonna order one I need to armed with the facts. Plus does anyone in Texas know if there are any dealers willing to do MSRP or lower. Any help here please. Again thanx and congrats to those that have their cars or have orders waiting.:shrug::fm:

There are MANY dealerships out there with allocation left. Tons in fact. I know of a handful of them myself because I've spoken to them personally. And don't be afraid to order out of state. They will "courtesy deliver" the car to your local dealership. Usually the fee for that is around $200-$300. So if you can't find a local dealer, just simply go out of state.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Each dealer is given an allocation previous to Job 1. I believe that FMC limited the first allocations to get these into the hands of owners/special orders and prevent dealers from stocking the cars in the showroom with ADM's. My guess is that they add allocation later in the model year, but not much.

Most large dealers will stilll have a few cars available to order, and production just began.

FYI, Non-Perf Pkg cars are being delayed because of the lack of certain parts, so be prepared to wait longer if this is desired.

SDHUSL

Established Member
FYI, Non-Perf Pkg cars are being delayed because of the lack of certain parts, so be prepared to wait longer if this is desired.

How recent is this? I think there are more guys here with non PP cars in their garages than ones with the PP. I know there was a 48 hour issue with non TP cars which I jumped on and shaved 6-8 weeks off my build date.

DepWraith

Established Member
I ordered one on 3-22 with SVTPP-no rack pack; still in order processing.

My dealer said he was told by rep he was only getting the two initial allocations and hasn't heard/doubts there will be anymore for him...hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread