Ordering/Buying off the Lot...what is the best way to get the Mustang GT?

Undertow

Established Member
The local dealership here has a black Mustang GT with the 18" polished aluminum wheels, black leather interior with the upgrade package, and the Shaker 1000 system. All in all it tallies up to a little past 30K. Some people at work have told me to order it since the dealership evidently has hidden costs or whatever, and I wanted to know what you guys thought, or what process you took to get your car. In other words, I have never bought a brand new car, wouldn't know how to lower the price of the car, or know if that was even possible with one these cars right now. Appreciate any comments.

Black06inGT

Established Member
Well you can no longer order 06 stangs, you can order an 07 but they wont be here until maybe october or sooner who knows. So if you want the car fairly soon you can find a new one on the lot. The one you are talking about has the shaker 1000 which is a $1200 option is that worth it... for me it was not so then the car would be around 29 and you can always bargain. Tell the salesman you will give them x amount of dollars now or you leaving or go to one dealership and tell them to beat that price and if not you will take your business elsewhere. Thats what I did and its not the hard its actually kind of fun to do. But first you need to figure out what your price range is. ~Justin..

freebass55

Established Member
On top of that...go talk to a fleet manager. They are looking to move cars more than just making a profit. You could probably get a better deal from one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread