Ordering a 2014 Prem. GT, Brembo + 3.73's vs. GT Track Pack

Rwick7

Established Member
Looks to me that the invoice price difference between ordering a Brembo with 3.73's car is only about $350 cheaper than getting the GT Track Package which includes both of those options.

Are most of you guys going ahead and getting the Track Pack? Any downfalls with the Torsen Diff?

Is the Torsen, Radiator, and Oil Cooler even worth that low upgrade price?

Any help is appreciated.

Rwick7

Established Member
7000 miles a year of spirited driving and maybe a few passes down the 1/4 mile.

I've done the 600 HP thing a few times and would like to keep this nice and street-able.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
If the track pack comes premium as well dish out the extra $350!!!! Although the Torsen diff is better for road course, it's better than what I got and quiter. The stock diff with 3.73 are kinda noisy. You can never go wrong with better cooling components as well. I know the radiator alone is pretty expensive.

macbar13

Established Member
If your even contemplating it-- get the track pack. I chose the track pack, because its a bargain and everything is already installed. I haven't driven a mustang 5.0 without the 3.73's, so I'm not sure of the difference. One plus is that when you are in heavy traffic, you can idle in first gear really slow. A lot of times if I'm pointing slightly downhill or level, I just start in second. In 6th gear cruising on the highway for long distances, I have yet to see over 22 mpg. 18.8 -ish average mixed driving.

Again, I haven't driven a non torsen differential mustang, but mine puts the power down nicely. Coming out of turns under full power, there is no wheel spin, unless both spin. I don't see any negatives to the differential. It's quiet and I don't hear any unusual noises from the rear. I can hang the rear end out at will and controllably.

Track pack also gets the boss 302 lower rear control arms that are a little stiffer than the stock version.

I say get the track pack. Sure you can add the radiator and oil coiler later, but changing out that rear differential is a little more involved. Might as well get it from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread