Ordering a 2014 need advice

yarbrouc

Established Member
I am ordering a 2014 GT Premium with track pack and glass roof. Torn between Grabber Blue with black and blue interior or sterling grey with black interior (leaning towards the grey). I want to address the suspension first with a slight drop and plant the stock power before I start modifying. Looking at the Eibach kit with MM caster plates, FR panhard bar for starters. I'm not into corner carving but enjoy spirited driving in controlled environments. What have you guys used with success and best bang for the buck?

kingnut

Established Member
First of all get recaros. They are so much better than stock.

Eibach pro kit will give you a slight drop and you wont need a PHB.

yarbrouc

Established Member
Thanks. I'm in Afghanistan and won't get to try the seats before ordering. I'll research but they do look sweet.

Zevox

Established Member
I drove a premium with leather recaro's before I got my car with base cloth seats. The recaro's are not bad but I personally like the normal seats more. Especially the upgraded leather ones with the stripe in it.

kingnut

Established Member
Thanks. I'm in Afghanistan and won't get to try the seats before ordering. I'll research but they do look sweet.

I ordered my 2014 GT from KAF over the phone. i had already sat in recaros while I was stateside. Im 5'10" 185lbs. Bigger guys dont fit in them well. I fit perfect with room to spare. The recaros make the car so much better I cant even put it to words. Buy them and if you dont like them 500 people here are standing in line to buy them off of you.

Also as far as color. This is what I chose.

999side1Custom_zps7efe1611.jpg

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
First of all get recaros. They are so much better than stock.

Eibach pro kit will give you a slight drop and you wont need a PHB.

Not the case, as my rear shifted with the Pro kit.

OP, both colors are great choices. I agree with kingnut about the Recaro seats, and definitely something that should be ordered.

yarbrouc

Established Member
Got an email from encs and grabber blue is no longer an option? I love the sterling grey anyways. Reminds me of my DSG lightning I had a few years back. Awaiting follow on assignment to drop the deposit. Updated the quote to include Recaros. So 2014 premium, sterling grey, track pack, glass roof, Recaros and opted away from any audio upgrades as I can do that myself. So far I have on the short list of immediate purchases suspension upgrades, mgw shifter, cat back exhaust, cai and tune. That should hold me over to save for a TVS. Thanks for the input guys. Lots of research to do and plenty of time at the outpost to do it.

cmsnake

Established Member
Good choice. Nothing better than getting the car exactly how you want it. Make sure you add a panhard bar to your list. Its cheap and you'll need it.

Users who are viewing this thread