Ordered remanufactured Cobra calipers

Stanger00

Established Member
My cobra calipers were dragging a little on the passenger side and with the amount of time my car has sat over the years I figure it was time for a rebuild.

I heard that we could get these for a decent price from auto parts stores with core returns. I gave it a try.

I was actually tired of the COBRA on the calipers and was hoping I would be able to pick up Mach 1's or Bullitts.

I put in one order from autozone for 2 left as that is what they had available. When they showed up I got one of each.

I ordered one right from rock auto and got a dark colored machined flat caliper.

I got what I wanted and so far after I return and turn in the cores or sell the calipers I will be out of pocket $57 each (worst case) . Paint and decals is another 30 bucks which I had to do anyways.

If you decide to do this beware of stock and that you may get mismatched calipers.

6yveqa3u.jpg

qe3adude.jpg

tu6a7u7y.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

Stanger00

Established Member
Added a little bit of paint along with the decals.

Just have to bake them and install now.

ahy8asas.jpg

ga5upudu.jpg

y8y8y2ug.jpg

dasemadu.jpg

aserybyn.jpg

I painted the brackets with an aluminum cast spray paint.

Stanger00

Established Member
Thanks. Not much time wrapped up in this project either. Hard fining time between college, work and housework. I need a clone!

Three21

Established Member
Very nice, those turned out great. I've thought about picking up some re-man's as well, but haven't made the gamble. I guess if you were to receive mis-matched calipers you could machine the Baer/Cobra/etc off.

How difficult has it been for others to get a matching pair?

Stanger00

Established Member
All I have for now. Ignore the rotor hub. I wired wheeled that paint off.

IMAG0288_1.jpg

I got the horses from eBay. I think they were 10 bucks for a set of 4.

Users who are viewing this thread