Ordered new hood, need hood pins?

Shadows

I just ordered a Y2K Cobra R hood from abcexclusive.com, so hopefully I'll be getting by the end of the week. I was just curious if I should get hood pins for it also. The hood is "hand laid" fiberglass, and a buddy of mine said that he's seen alot of fiberglass hoods that ripped of car. Should I order hood pins to go along with it just to be safe? Or should I not worry about it?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i had one on my car, it was the actual ford racing cobra R hood and i didnt have pins, i did a 150+ run with it and was fine

spike_africa

Established Member
Aftermarket hood in my book means pins, there cheap and they keep it closed if the factory latch rips out the fiberglass. Does ti have a metal bracking where the factory latch goes in the hood?

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
i have the cobra r hood as well and mine came with the metal latch. i didnt use pins for that reason. again 150+ runs in it and no problem.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i think its mostly where and what brand you get. Get one with the metal around the latch and you will be good to go, if it comes out its gonna bust a hole in the fiberglass

Shadows

if i remember correctly it said it does have metal where the latch goes. i just dont want anything to happen cause of a stupid mistake

Shadows

i dont know, i havent really looked at them yet. i was thinking when i go pick up my hood, swing by dallas mustang (since i live in the area) and see if they have some. but they dont have any on their website, the only ones i found are for 65-68 mustangs...

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
oh ok, post up some pics when you get it all done, id like to see it. Im throwing my hood back on this weekend, still need to get it painted though

Shadows

i'm getting it painted here in a couple days so after its all said and done i'll take some pics of it. i'll have to find a website to host it though.

and i ended up getting a pair of ford racing hood pins from dallas mustang. its nice to have these types of stores around

Users who are viewing this thread