Ordered my QA1 shocks today, bye bye hop!

03Steve

Established Member
Ordered them from:

http://www.wildridesracecars.com/chassis5.html

The shocks go for $137.95 a piece. The QA1 part number is HAL-MU7855P. This place is a bit cheaper than Summit. Shipping takes 3-4 days.

I am going with the rear combo that Pete used. QA1 shocks, Steeda bushings, 16 x10 wheels, and 26 X 11.5 slicks.
:beer:

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Awesome...

I'm sure I speak for many of us here... Please keep us informed as to how well they work!

I'm thinking these might be my next mod...

03Steve

Established Member
The red car doesn't hop one bit. Has stock halfshafts. Cuts 1.4 at the track w/ auto and transbrake. Runs the combo above with no hop at all!

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I would expect that to be an excellent setup. I would like to hear how those shocks work for cornering/handling as well if you get the opportunity.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I was one of the first to use QA1 shocks with steeda irs bushings last year and they did not control my wheelhop at all in cold conditions.Pete is not getting wheelhop because he is running slicks not because he is using the QA1 shocks.There is not much we can do in cold weather to avoid wheelhop but when racing at the track just do a good burnout to get the tires hot and that seems to help keep the wheelhop away.

Users who are viewing this thread