Ordered my motor today

Rob Smith

Well I ordered a B50 based 327, with forged crank, rods, pistons, ARP rod bolts, ARP main studs, and a girdle, and a high volume oil pump today. My stock 70k mile motor wasn't as bad as I expected, 2 blown HGs because of the friggin T-Rex that I should have never used. My A/F was tuned to 11.7-1, but the faulty T-rex must have made it go lean, even with a 255 pushing through it. Oh well, I'm trashing it and just running the 255, and I'm going to put my 2.95 pulley on the head unit too. When I had it tuned in April, it put 389/403 to the tires at 5k rpm and 10psi (spark blowout), and I haven't taken it back since the 6al was installed. What do you think the new motor with alittle more boost will put down? Same oldschool E-cam and 1.7s on the iron gt-40s with cobra intake 42s and pro-m 80 headers offroad pipes etc. BTW I have been on this board under my real name for too long, and I started a new account with the screen name I use on all the other boards, so don't treat me like a newb. Later -Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Did your compression change any on the new block?

How much more boost are you expecting to be running with the different pulley?

Users who are viewing this thread