Ordered my 305/35ZR18 tires today!!!

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
They should be here on saturday. :pop:
Does anyone else have these tires on an 18" rim?
Will they spin easing out the clutch then dumping it at 3500 RPM's?

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Sweet deal! What brand are the tires? I have 315 BFG Drag Radials on my Cobra and they hook very well.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I seen in another thread that you posted in that they are Nittos. Are these drag radials or street tires?

EDIT: You do not have KB 2.2 or Spray LOL wrong signature in other thread. Ported Eaton.

They may work. You will know soon enough :coolman:

Last edited:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
I seen in another thread that you posted in that they are Nittos. Are these drag radials or street tires?

I see you have a KB 2.2 so I am guessing you are putting down some serious power especially with a 75 shot. I don't know how well those 305s are going to hook for you. They may work. You will know soon enough :coolman:

They are nitto drag radials.(i wish i had a 2.2+spray)

Last edited:

drptitan

Established Member
Man to tell you the truth I have not had good experience with the nitto drags. They work well on lower powered cars, like on my mach I could make it hook. The best drag radial for an 18 would be the bfg or the mt drag. I have the bfg drags and they work ok, I have only been to the track once in my cobra so I am not the best at launching the power yet but it cut 2.0s at 3250 clutch slips.

Goodluck wither way and let me know how they work for ya. Oh and yall should bring the car out tonight to the conns meet right next to spring highschool. I will be out there in the white built built whippled lightning... ;-)

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Man to tell you the truth I have not had good experience with the nitto drags. They work well on lower powered cars, like on my mach I could make it hook. The best drag radial for an 18 would be the bfg or the mt drag. I have the bfg drags and they work ok, I have only been to the track once in my cobra so I am not the best at launching the power yet but it cut 2.0s at 3250 clutch slips.

Goodluck wither way and let me know how they work for ya. Oh and yall should bring the car out tonight to the conns meet right next to spring highschool. I will be out there in the white built built whippled lightning... ;-)

ok we'll see how they hook soon.
Some people hook with them and some people don't.
The torch red cobra with a whip 3.4 built by PSI ran a 10.3 on nitto drags.
If i dont go to lake conroe today i'll probably be there. :beer:

Last edited:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i've had the same setup, Nittos, sitting in my basement for a month, waiting for my rims :fart:

let me know. im sure they will hook fine. but im not really pushing much higher than stock either though

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
i've had the same setup, Nittos, sitting in my basement for a month, waiting for my rims :fart:

let me know. im sure they will hook fine. but im not really pushing much higher than stock either though

I really hope they hook up.
I will post up what i run in the time slip bar.

AaronK

Established Member
I've had 305/35/18 555Rs on my 03 cobra and my 01 gt... the hook with the cobra but not the GT... guess it's the IRS... and the sidewall difference between 315/35/17 and 305/35/18 is VERY small... The reason some people say the 17 nittos hook better than the 18s is because the 17s are V rated therefore they have a little bit softer sidewall vs. the 18's which are Z rated and have a stiffer sidewall (this only applies to 17" nitto drag radial and 18" nitto drag radials)

Users who are viewing this thread