Ordered a KB Today

2002_500HP

Banned
Hey Guys,
I'm gonna be the pround papa fo a KB in about a week it shipped out today....i got the Eaton off and got to thinking why not go ahead and get that KB i have been wanting....i have a JLP shortblock i will also be building in the future. right now i am gonna run the KB @ 12 psi. First one piece item i have bought for over a grand. Can't want to hear this thing scream. :-D

2002_500HP

Banned
well the block is complete yet, i want to build around like 20-24 psi, but i have a list of parts to debate right now, i'm just gonna put the KB back on the stock motor now and run it at 12 psi to be safe and haved it dyno tuned with my SCT XCal. I just can't wait to get it here. I payed for the KB solely off stuff i sold off the truck.

acwalsh8

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
Established Member
congrats on the blower....however shiits gonna be very costly and add up quickly in your near future.

Chris

87gtvert

Navy Rescue Swimmer
Established Member
dizamn, this makes me wanna quit being a cheap a$$ an buy new, i've been try'n to hold out and buy a used one.....congrats...

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Congrats! Have you already gotten all the associated necessities (fuel pumps, etc...)?

2002_500HP

Banned
yea i only deal in new stuff i had some bad run in's with used a/f parts. i have all the supporting mods and the ones i didn't have i bought. I purschased mine from Bill @ SprayItRacing i have to thank Chiz for letting me know he was around. 3300.00 to my door with SCT XCal 2 i felt the need to get the newer one i have a older style one. he was by far the best deal i could find.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
LUCKY!!! nice, very nice...how much louder are the kb's over stock? ive never had the pleasure of hearing one...all i got to go off is the wicked scream from the stock eaton with an 8# lower. and can u hear the kb at idle? like a vortech or procharger?

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
2002_500HP said:
yea i only deal in new stuff i had some bad run in's with used a/f parts. i have all the supporting mods and the ones i didn't have i bought. I purschased mine from Bill @ SprayItRacing i have to thank Chiz for letting me know he was around. 3300.00 to my door with SCT XCal 2 i felt the need to get the newer one i have a older style one. he was by far the best deal i could find.

i need to be a moderator :thumbsup:

lol, i'm going to go ahead and add you to my "hate list".....sorry bro had to do it, you bought a k/b.

j/k, i hope you enjoy. post some pics, and if you need help, you know we can! :rolling:

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
simshahh said:
LUCKY!!! nice, very nice...how much louder are the kb's over stock? ive never had the pleasure of hearing one...all i got to go off is the wicked scream from the stock eaton with an 8# lower. and can u hear the kb at idle? like a vortech or procharger?
check the sig for some kb noise. 8# lower and 3.5 upper @ 14.5 pounds

2002_500HP

Banned
thanks guys i think all sould go well on the install, i tagged most everything when i removed it. all though these vaccum lines can be tricky. it won't be here for a week and the truck is only a DD after working hours, but man i can't wait to hear the whine on this thing i've heard it's bad. i have a racing coming up on the Jan 13th with a Stillen S/C Nissan Titan, they think they will cram 5 people in a destroy me...i think curtains are already closed for this guy, i figure i should pull 400WHP out of this with a good dyno tune.

Users who are viewing this thread