Ordered a 2013 F150 FX4 Eco Boost

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Placed the order yesterday (8-30). Crew cab, 6.5 bed in Race Red 402A package. :pepper:
Now the waiting begins.....

TEGEN

Established Member
Congrats! Any word on when it shows up? I'm just about to sign papers on a '12 FX4 but waiting for a '13 is really tempting!!

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
its here....

IMAG0224.jpg

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Aww man I wanted a red one but my husband said no. :( So we bought a Blue Flame Metallic 2013. I love it! I'll have to post some pics soon.

SuperFly03

Established Member
I went back and forth over 6.5 vs. 5.5... Went back and forth for months. Ended up taking the 5.5 because I got it for 40k on a 50k sticker.

I love the 6.5' look though. Really love the truck man!

andymarkv

Established Member
Truck looks SWEET!!
So what is your driving impression?
I haven't had a chance to drive one yet. Does it basically feel like you're driving a sixxer truck until you get after it?

I'm concerned that the lack of torque, unless you're into boost, is going to make it feel lame while daily driving.

In your case, is the MPG's where people say it should be? At least on the highway?
I'm concerned from some of the rumors that the MPG's aren't there on the EB trucks. Then I wonder if the extra complexity of twin turbos on a V6 is worth it when the fairly simple 5 liter is available.
I'm assuming that guys like to feel torque when they drive, (I know I do!) so they dip into the throttle hard enough to get boost. It would only make sense that the MPGs would go in the toilet with that kind of driving style, even if it is fun!
So if you stay out of boost, you get good MPGs, but it will definitely feel like you're driving a fullsize truck with a V6? Does that make any sense at all?
Love to hear your thoughts on the overall driving experience.

Although with a tune....the EB motors get a WHOLE lot more interesting!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Truck looks SWEET!!
I haven't had a chance to drive one yet. Does it basically feel like you're driving a sixxer truck until you get after it?

I'm concerned that the lack of torque, unless you're into boost, is going to make it feel lame while daily driving.

In your case, is the MPG's where people say it should be? At least on the highway?
I'm concerned from some of the rumors that the MPG's aren't there on the EB trucks. Then I wonder if the extra complexity of twin turbos on a V6 is worth it when the fairly simple 5 liter is available.
I'm assuming that guys like to feel torque when they drive, (I know I do!) so they dip into the throttle hard enough to get boost. It would only make sense that the MPGs would go in the toilet with that kind of driving style, even if it is fun!
So if you stay out of boost, you get good MPGs, but it will definitely feel like you're driving a fullsize truck with a V6? Does that make any sense at all?

I get 14mpg city, thats with short trips, stop and go (Running errands). Do not know what the MPG is on the highway but the truck is really smooth, even at 80 mph. I do not really drive the truck hard and I rarely go past 2k rpms with it, it's fine for me. It's no Lightning but it's a quick truck. It feels like you're driving a (Stock) truck without any form of FI when not in boost. Slow to accelerate.

I do not care about feeling the torque when i drive. It's nice to hear those small turbo's spooling up when you're accelerating though. At WOT you'll feel the torque.. if you're just slowly accelerating (Around town) you wont feel the torque.

vic_s197

Established Member
Truck looks SWEET!!

My 2012 fx4 eco boost gets around 22 mpg on average so I'm happy, as for power the truck moves out in stock form, I'm running a 91 octane performance tune from Livernois and its a whole different animal, very little to no turbo lag, better shifting, better mpg.

Iv ran a couple of cars with this truck with very good results. It's not a race truck by any means but it will put some gt's to shame.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in the same boat as most of you guys...

5.5 vs 6.5 bed

Ecoboost vs 5.0

I like the look and functionality of the long bed but everyday driveability may suffer. I love the torque and tuneability of the EB but I hate the V6 sound when catbacks are added. I'm thinking a 5.0 with a Roush supercharger may do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread