Orderd 2012 gt lava,pics of lava on harley D

whoa stang

Established Member
After 5 years of wanting a GT 500 and the first 2-3 years of :fm: adm's that held me off, and cooled me down. I ordered a 2012 gtp. tonight in lava. I was set on grabber blue with white powerdome hood stripes and spears, lower side stripes, 19" chrome wheels, and a roush spolier, then I finally seen lava on a F-150 Harley tonight at the dealership. GB is still a close 2nd, but went with lava. Anyone wanting a black car (I've had 3 black cars) should consider lava. Black when it's cloudy (black cars looks better in the shade) then pops when the sun is out. It's another GB, hard to photograph. You just have to see it in person.

I looked at the new mustangs side by side, one thing I did not realize is the rear video camera spolier is deeper, taller, and extends out the back farther than the stock spolier. I orderd the electronics package with back up sensers, no rear video camera, thinking about the roush spolier. I'm having second thoughts since the r/v camera spolier looks normal (a lot better IMO) than just a little bump spolier. The 401a interior package in lava only comes in charcoal with casemere (white).

When we got through the order sheet, I asked how much. The 1st dealership I went to said invoice + $125 doc. fee. No haggling:rockon:. Sit down to handshake in about 20-30 minutes.

Here is a pic i took today of lava close up on a new 2010 F-150 Harley Davidson on a cloudy day today with no flash. fwiw, it was cold and I don't know cameras that well.:whine:

DSCN2500.jpg

The next three are with the flash on at different setings
DSCN2501.jpg

DSCN2502.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

went by to see it in the sun finally. Pics. still do not do it justice. Alot more vivid, brighter in person.

DSCN2508.jpg

DSCN2507.jpg

DSCN2506.jpg

DSCN2505.jpg

Last edited:

oneof185

Established Member
Congrats! I'm sure the color is going to look good. I'm gonna have to try and find a truck on a lot with it, just to see it.

whoa stang

Established Member
Congrats!! I'm curious to see what this color is going to look like on the Mustang!

Me too. I still like GB, but my g/f likes lava better and talked me
into it. She always calls it Blackcherry, so she typed in "blackcherry mustang"
on youtube, and dang if she didn't find a pretty close match of what
it looks like :lol1:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread