Order: 2014 GT Premium

Joey8

Established Member
Hey gentlemen,
I was a long time reader of this forum hanging out in the gt500 side of things. Heres a little background info. about myself as well as my current situation (not that you guys really care). Anyways, I currently graduated from college :banana: and got a forensic accounting position as a mid size accounting firm in my area. I was all for buying or financing rather a '13 gt500 until, well, reality set in. Went to the dealership with my parents and after pricing the car well it came to ~75k (with all tax and what not). The payment would have ended up being ~1100 a month. I would basically be working just to support this payment while living at home. In theory I could have "afford" this payment every month but I wouldn't have much money left over for other spending (bars and what not). This also isn't putting into consideration the insurance payment a month. So I decided a more responsible purchase would be the stout 5.0 gt premium. I went for a test drive in a '13 grabber blue and the car had PLENTY of power for me coming from a TBSS. So I think that's the route im going to go with. This upcoming Thursday im going to the dealership and place my order for a sterling gray 2014 gt premium with the track pack, recaros, nav, reverse camera, and security, basically fully loaded. I decided to go this route instead of the GT/CS because I wanted the recaros and reverse camera and I figured I could always get the splitter later down the road. Now to my questions for you guys, when do you think I will be seeing this car at the dealership, is 6-8 weeks reasonable for a '14 gt, I no the production of the '14 started today. Also, one of my friends mods will be an axle back exhaust. Im leaning towards either the roush axle back or the gt500 axle back. Roush sounds a little raspy while the gt500 sounds more deeper and muscular, what do you guys think? I plan to do mods that will keep the warranty and according to the salesman I could do any mod that's from Ford Racing. I no im getting ahead of myself but I just want a few opinions. Thanks for your help in advance!:bowdown:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The salesman is incorrect but they all say the same thing. In fact Ford Racing is considered aftermarket by FoMoCo and Ford Racing is then liable for the warranty if their parts cause an issue. Normally depending on the parts installed it's 12/12000 or 24/24000.

Nice color choice, just picked up my gray 13 over the weekend.

football76

Established Member
Try and find a '13... I'll bet you can negotiate a better deal off of a dealer looking to clear inventory before the '14's hit.

Rct851

Established Member
Maybe I'm just a tight ass with my wallet but these threads are making my head hurt. Dude just out of college and you want a 40k new car that the value drops like a rock. So many badass used 2012's out there. Sometimes a wish I wasn't as opposed to debt like some of y'all.

Your money dude go for it.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Kid fresh out of college wanted a gt500, currently driving a trailblazer SS, decided to settle for just a GT Premium. Life is rough.... don't mind us guys in our 30's buying a base 5.0 and still having issues coming to terms with the payment every month. My opinion 420 HP and Bars don't go hand and hand. Buy a Fiesta.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Although I commend you for being "responsible" and "settling" for a GT opposed to a Shelby, there is absolutely no reason you need a '14. As mentioned above, wait till the '14's hit the lots... dealers will be giving away the 13's and any 12's they may have left...Hell I just bought a bone stock '11 with 5k miles on the clock...Show room condition for 22K.....Why spend 40K+ when you could spend so much less for the same thing essentially.

Don't mind the attitude of some of posts here, mine included....its just its very easy to tell that your life experience is pretty low by some of the things you wrote above...When you move out on mommy and daddy's house and reality sets in that you actually have bills to pay and food to buy, the "bar tab" and the shine of that 2014 take the back seat....Take it from someone who has been there. I learned a very expensive lesson.

Moral of the story...If you have to have a new Mustang, look for a 2012 GT Premium and save a ton.
Good luck. :beer:

Last edited:

Joey8

Established Member
Maybe I'm just a tight ass with my wallet but these threads are making my head hurt. Dude just out of college and you want a 40k new car that the value drops like a rock. So many badass used 2012's out there. Sometimes a wish I wasn't as opposed to debt like some of y'all.

Your money dude go for it.

debt? I don't see how I would be in debt? I was fortunate enough to have my parents pay for my college education so I have no student loans to deal with. The payment will be around 500-600 which I can most certainly afford...ill be under my parents car insurance policy so they are willing to take care of that. I have to pay the monthly payment and gas so I don't for see myself being in any sort of debt anytime soon.
Kid fresh out of college wanted a gt500, currently driving a trailblazer SS, decided to settle for just a GT Premium. Life is rough.... don't mind us guys in our 30's buying a base 5.0 and still having issues coming to terms with the payment every month. My opinion 420 HP and Bars don't go hand and hand. Buy a Fiesta.

I did want a gt500 but I realized I just could hack it. What 22 year old wouldn't dream about having a gt500? Bars and ANY car don't go together, pretty sure a ford fiesta can go 100 mph just not get there as fast a 5.0. Believe it or not I dont go to a bar to get plastered and then attempt to drive home. I am a responsible guy and I know how to drink in moderation when im driving.

Joey8

Established Member
Although I commend you for being "responsible" and "settling" for a GT opposed to a Shelby, there is absolutely no reason you need a '14. As mentioned above, wait till the '14's hit the lots... dealers will be giving away the 13's and any 12's they may have left...Hell I just bought a bone stock '11 with 5k miles on the clock...Show room condition for 22K.....Why spend 40K+ when you could spend so much less for the same thing essentially.

Don't mind the attitude of some of posts here, mine included....its just its very easy to tell that your life experience is pretty low by some of the things you wrote above...When you move out on mommy and daddy's house and reality sets in that you actually have bills to pay and food to buy, the "bar tab" and the shine of that 2014 take the back seat....Take it from someone who has been there. I learned a very expensive lesson.

Moral of the story...If you have to have a new Mustang, look for a 2012 GT Premium and save a ton.
Good luck. :beer:

Thanks vette, I will take that into consideration. I figured id live at home for about a year or so till I get on my feet then look to move out. My place of work is only a 5 mile drive from my house so I don't the rush in moving out when the commute is right around the corner from my parents house.

Rct851

Established Member
Having a car note is being in debt. Furthermore a $500-600 note is no joke.

Just because you can BUY something doesn't mean you can AFFORD it.

You posted here asking for opinions and now your getting them.

Keep why you have for the year that you will be at your parents and save like a mad man. Then look at your options and the much lower monthly payment with the larger down payment you will have

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
debt? I don't see how I would be in debt? I was fortunate enough to have my parents pay for my college education so I have no student loans to deal with. The payment will be around 500-600 which I can most certainly afford...ill be under my parents car insurance policy so they are willing to take care of that. I have to pay the monthly payment and gas so I don't for see myself being in any sort of debt anytime soon.

I did want a gt500 but I realized I just could hack it. What 22 year old wouldn't dream about having a gt500? Bars and ANY car don't go together, pretty sure a ford fiesta can go 100 mph just not get there as fast a 5.0. Believe it or not I dont go to a bar to get plastered and then attempt to drive home. I am a responsible guy and I know how to drink in moderation when im driving.

Like he said, don't take the attitude as any sort of personal attack, thats not the deal. It's your money bud! just saying signing on a 40k car is most certainly going in debt. While it is true drinking and driving don't mix period. I gotta be honest, I think your parents are completely naive in the fact that they would even let you consider a 660 HP car.

I just don't think any 22 year old has enough driving experience to be in cars as fast as these cars are. I don't think any parent should condone their child to pay a 600/month car payment and live with mommy and daddy. When I was 17 I was told to get out that's just the way things were. It teaches you a lot. I see that your degree is in accounting obviously numbers are your thing. I commend you for getting a great education etc. Seem like a decent dude. Just think your a little young to sign on 40k. Generally speaking this is whats wrong with our country.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Thanks vette, I will take that into consideration. I figured id live at home for about a year or so till I get on my feet then look to move out. My place of work is only a 5 mile drive from my house so I don't the rush in moving out when the commute is right around the corner from my parents house.

No probelm....Deals are out there trust me...Live on Cars.com and Autotrader....Don't settle. If you look hard enough, you will get what you want. Look at it this way...the less your payment is the more you can spend on mods every month lol.

Joey8

Established Member
Having a car note is being in debt. Furthermore a $500-600 note is no joke.

Just because you can BUY something doesn't mean you can AFFORD it.

You posted here asking for opinions and now your getting them.

Keep why you have for the year that you will be at your parents and save like a mad man. Then look at your options and the much lower monthly payment with the larger down payment you will have
That is a good point. You're right the car note would be being in debt. I guess I figured I could "afford" it because my only expense really would be the car payment and gas. Maybe I should weigh my options before jumping into getting a 40k car.
just get the 14.
go to the bars.
wrap it around a tree
and sell me the leftovers......

went to the bars with my ~500 hp trailblazer and seem to manage just fine...bars don't equal drunken idiot. I go to the bars with my buddies to watch a football or hockey game have a couple beers and get some wings.

Rct851

Established Member
Trust me I know waiting sucks I'm doing it right now but I know I'll enjoy the at so much more when I'm not stressed over a huge note . Suck it up and wait

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
aaaahhhhhh 17.
1979 malibu.
great days.
22 wasnt much better, 1985 s-10
i didnt start getting nicer cars till i got married, and a good job.

Joey8

Established Member
Thanks for all the advice guys. Believe it or not I will take what was said to me into consideration one way or another. Its not like im driving a POS right now anyways so I think I can wait out the winter and see what spring brings me while I build up my finances.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Joey, get a 2013. For the car that you are going to order, there are no new updates to ANYTHING other than being slapped with a 2014 model year on it.

BUY a 2013 with the exact same options, if you can find it, and I promise you will get a much better deal on one, and then you have more money lying around for go fast parts, or you could do the smart thing and pay off the car or put more money down.

Also, I don't get why some of you guys are bashing him for being fortunate. I was just like him that had parents support me through college (tuition and housing) as long as I maintained my GPA and the likes. I was fortunate enough to land a good paying job after school (engineer) and my F150 was totaled, meaning I needed a new car. Long story short, I will own my '13 in 4 years paying a note that is high, but still affordable on my terms. Times have changed, don't jump on someone because they happened upon life down a different path. :beer:

Last edited:

Joey8

Established Member
Joey, get a 2013. For the car that you are going to order, there are no new updates to ANYTHING other than being slapped with a 2014 model year on it.

BUY a 2013 with the exact same options, if you can find it, and I promise you will get a much better deal on one, and then you have more money lying around for go fast parts, or you could do the smart thing and pay off the car or put more money down.

Also, I don't get why some of you guys are bashing him for being fortunate. I was just like him that had parents support me through college (tuition and housing) as long as I maintained my GPA and the likes. I was fortunate enough to land a good paying job after school (engineer) and my F150 was totaled, meaning I needed a new car. Long story short, I will own my '13 in 4 years paying a note that is high, but still affordable on my terms. Times have changed, don't jump on someone because they happened upon life down a different path. :beer:

Thanks buddy, I will try and find a '13 with the options I no I can get a better deal on a '13 because the dealer will want to get rid of it to make room for the '14s. However, what about depreciation, I will also be slapped with a "year old model" so with that savings will it just really be savings or will I just lose it to depreciation?

Users who are viewing this thread