Option Package Graphic for 2016 GT350: Few questions, please

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
I've been out-of-the-loop for awhile now and I have a few questions. One of the ways I can 'justify' purchasing the new GT350 is if I have the back seat for my kids (I have two toddlers). So, with that said, the 'R' is out of the question (although I do really want the R).

1.) So assuming I get the base GT350, it appears that I can NOT have both the Tech Package and Track Package? One or the other?

2.) And assuming I wait out the ADM's, how are people going about getting these cars at invoice?

3.) Is there an outline that shows different Recaro options between the base, R, leather, etc?

vGrvkJe-791x1024.jpg

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I've been out-of-the-loop for awhile now and I have a few questions. One of the ways I can 'justify' purchasing the new GT350 is if I have the back seat for my kids (I have two toddlers). So, with that said, the 'R' is out of the question (although I do really want the R).

1.) So assuming I get the base GT350, it appears that I can NOT have both the Tech Package and Track Package? One or the other?

2.) And assuming I wait out the ADM's, how are people going about getting these cars at invoice?

3.) Is there an outline that shows different Recaro options between the base, R, leather, etc?

1. Correct. These are stand alone package groups and not free standing options. So if you want Sync 3 and Recaros your only option is a R w/ electronics (which isn't in your cards without rear seat).

2. Having a good business relationship with the dealer, knowing the right people, or BSing on the internet. I doubt anyone will get invoice for the next 12 months. MSRP is probably the best anyone will get

3. The leather seats are not Recaros. They are a GT style with GT350 embroidered into the upper back area. They have alacantara/suede inserts at the bolsters similar to the base seats in the 10+ GT500. I believe the base and track pack seats are the same. Cloth Recaros with GT350 embroidered in the upper back/neck area. The base seat for the R is the same, but with red accents and will just say "R" in the upper back lower neck area IIRC.

Last edited:

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
1. Correct. These are stand alone package groups and not free standing options. So if you want Sync 3 and Recaros your only option is a R w/ electronics (which isn't in your cards without rear seat).

2. Having a good business relationship with the dealer, knowing the right people, or BSing on the internet. I doubt anyone will get invoice for the next 12 months. MSRP is probably the best anyone will get

3. The leather seats are not Recaros. They are a GT style with GT350 embroidered into the upper back area. They have alacantara/suede inserts at the bolsters similar to the base seats in the 10+ GT500. I believe the base and track pack seats are the same. Cloth Recaros with GT350 embroidered in the upper back/neck area. The base seat for the R is the same, but with red accents and will just say "R" in the upper back lower neck area IIRC.

Interesting, thanks. I don't think I have seen a picture yet of the leather non-Recaros? All I have seen is the Cloth Recaro's w/ the 'GT350' embroidery, and the 'R's Recaro's with the Blue 'R' embroidered...

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member

Lemers

Established Member
Yes ford moved ford performance/ford racing/ and SVT into one group.

Not sure if that means they won't use the brand names ford has already established or if it was an organizational change only.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The one that pisses me off and is the exclusivity of the options with ford, I want the tech and track pack but you have to choose one or the other. Fortunately the tech pack has the magneride so everything else I want I can go aftermarket and also get that raised deck spoiler separately.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
The one that pisses me off and is the exclusivity of the options with ford, I want the tech and track pack but you have to choose one or the other. Fortunately the tech pack has the magneride so everything else I want I can go aftermarket and also get that raised deck spoiler separately.

My issue is I want the tech pack goodies but the recaros and raised spoiler. I think for me getting Track and doing my entertainment aftermarket is the better route.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am pretty sure you can add recaros as a stand alone option. I like the electronics stuff to come from the factory so I dont have to mess with it. I already know I am gonna end up lowering the car at the very least.

Randy M

Established Member
My issue is I want the tech pack goodies but the recaros and raised spoiler. I think for me getting Track and doing my entertainment aftermarket is the better route.

Nav system in cars get outdated fairly quickly so imo it's not too much of a big deal. I do wish there were more standalone options though.

Randy M

Established Member
I am pretty sure you can add recaros as a stand alone option. I like the electronics stuff to come from the factory so I dont have to mess with it. I already know I am gonna end up lowering the car at the very least.

I haven't seen this anywhere.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
Nav system in cars get outdated fairly quickly so imo it's not too much of a big deal. I do wish there were more standalone options though.

Yeah primary reason I don't care. The sync system is nice but it's just a glorified touch screen without nav for me since I don't care about voice commands. I just want a better sound system with bluetooth connection for my phone.

I haven't seen this anywhere.

Ditto.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
If the recaros are not a stand alone option like it was on the gt500, then it is a huge fail in my book.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
If the recaros are not a stand alone option like it was on the gt500, then it is a huge fail in my book.

Considering they are standard in the base, track, and R, and only replaced with leather in the Tech, I'd say they aren't and there's no plans for it.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member

I'm with you. Tech package and some how add recaro's. Excactly how I want it...except that as stated above Recaro's don't come as a separate option. Kind of BS I think.

Users who are viewing this thread