Option for 13/14 rear bumper swap

455HO71

Established Member
Every so often I see this topic pop up and I was also in the same boat a few months ago. I acquired a 2014 bumper from a great member on here and a lower valance from another guy to do the swap. I decided to try something a bit different and modify my stock 2011 valance. I ordered a set of Magnaflow Competition axlebacks for the 11-12 GT (2.5" diam) because they come with a paper template to make the cutting of the valance easier. End result was pretty darn good! I'm still going to hold on to the bumper and valance for now just in case I change my mind lol. Anyway, just an option for fellow 10-12 owners.

thumbnail_20171104_161509_resized.jpg

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Op very cool. Thanks for posting. I want quad tips on my car badly. I love your color scheme too btw.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

455HO71

Established Member
So that’s just with cutting your stock valance?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Sorry for the late reply but yes, I specifically bought the Magnaflow competition mufflers because they come with a template to cut the valance (I also liked the small muffler and double-walled tips!)
I used a dremel to cut and then smoothed the edges with a sanding wheel on the dremel.

455HO71

Established Member
Looks pretty good, I'd also like to see a zoomed in pic.

I thought GT mufflers wouldn't work for us since we have 2.75" OTA pipes?
They will work on the 2011+ models because of the ball flange connection to the over the axle pipes.

I don't have any other closer pics yet. i literally drove it home from my friend's place when we installed them and I backed my car into the corner of the garage for the winter. This is the best one I have....
thumbnail_20171104_154412_resized_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread