Optima Battery?

slick4_6

Established Member
The battery is dead on my Cobra so I need a new battery. Optima only makes 2 or 3 sizes of batteries, does anyone know what size I need? Do they fit alright, or will it need slight modifications?

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I'm not sure about any of that but I had a friend who used a yellow top optima in his v6 (Ew) mustang and upgraded to a blue top one. but his was for powering a ridiculous stereo system and neon lights

slo-ryd

SCT Certified
Established Member
I have a red top and fabbed a custom bracket for it out of another hold down kit.
Summit or Jegs probably has a nice billet hold down bracket.

RioRed4v

Established Member
slo-ryd said:
I have a red top and fabbed a custom bracket for it out of another hold down kit.
Summit or Jegs probably has a nice billet hold down bracket.

or you can use the hold-down optima supplies to make it so the battery fits in the stock tray. they usually supply them with the battery for free, or you can contact optima and they will mail you one for free.

lizardbreath

Banned
If you're looking towards a reliable battery than I think optima is one of the better ones. I have had them in all of my cars (3) and I have never had one go out yet.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had an Optima in my GT. I used a billet hold down from GRC racing. The piece that came with the battery to make it fit didn't work to well in my car.

slick4_6

Established Member
I picked up a 34, will do the install tomorrow. Hope it works.

Did you have to do anything special to make it fit right? I didnt get the hold down or anything like that. I had my uncle order it, and the driver didnt have one on the truck when he delivered it.

slick4_6

Established Member

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
slick4_6 said:
I picked up a 34, will do the install tomorrow. Hope it works.

Did you have to do anything special to make it fit right? I didnt get the hold down or anything like that. I had my uncle order it, and the driver didnt have one on the truck when he delivered it.

There is a little clip that snaps onto the side of the battery intbetween the cells that allows you to use the stock ford bolt.

It didn't come with a upgraded topper? They've been shipping those for a few months now. They have the adapters underneath it.

If not run to autozone or a battery store and ask. We kept a box of them because people would lose them.

Users who are viewing this thread