OPTIMA Battery Billet Hold Down -- GROUP PURCHASE!!

PaLiAcH

Established Member
GRC OPTIMA Battery Billet Hold Down -- GROUP PURCHASE!!

For those with the Optima battery in their 79-04 Mustang battery tray, you need one of these. The optima battery is smaller than the stock battery and this GRC hold down fits snugly around the center cell and uses the stock bolt, and it sits flush with the battery tray and these can be easily polished for those who want it.. put a little Mothers to it and it polishes real nicely!

looks very clean!

858-1101926078.jpg

The GRC billet hold-down is the best way to secure an Optima battery in a factory Mustang battery tray. It is CNC machined to exacting tolerances. It will not damage the battery case in any way, and uses the original bolt. Our hold-down is race approved and can be polished to give you that edge you need at the next car show.

858-1101926100.jpg

858-1102297653.jpg

those that are interested, email me at [email protected] with the subject OPTIMA GROUP PURCHASE and ill send you price details and how to pay...

thanx in advance!!
pino

P.S. Group Purcahse ends December 24th!!! Orders ship out within 3 days of order!!

Last edited:

PaLiAcH

Established Member
one day left!!

thanx to all those who contributed and made this possible!!!

-Pino

p.s. Happy Holidays!!

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Well, I just sent the money for 2 of these sweet things. Then I just realized the deal might be over :uh oh: I hope it's not too late!

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
Just got mine and it's a very sweet product and you can polish it to a mirror finish and it would look even better.MJ it's $24.00 shipped.
Thanks Pino

Last edited:

PaLiAcH

Established Member
thanks to all those who participated in the GP and made it a success!! thanx!!

Mike, im sending yours tomorrow (thursday) sorry for the delay!

For those who missed out, you can find the Hold downs at www.grcperformance.com

-Pino

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Got it on Friday. Nice product! I have a concern though. It seems my battery tray isn't wide (or long) enough to support the battery. Is the battery supposed to fit right in or bulge out the edges?

The hold-down is doing just that, holding it down. Without it, the battery wouldn't stay in the tray.

I also noticed the previous owner swapped out the battery with some wack one that put out ~300 amps. Nowhere near the 570(?) that the stock Motorcraft battery puts out :fm: That explains why it was barely turning the engine every time I started it. Starts nice and strong now :-D

PaLiAcH

Established Member
Optima has been wierd with their model casings.. i bought an optima a while back ans it was too long too... and i ended up trading it with someone who had the same model number (#34) but was shorter. go figure.

the typical one for stangs are narrower and shorter by about 2 inches or so..

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Yeah, that's about right, if it was 2 inches shorter it'd fit :shrug: Oh well, I guess I'm going to be stuck with a bent battery tray. But the hold-down bracket makes it all better :-D

Users who are viewing this thread