Opti-Coat 2.0 on my 2011 GT

danponjican

Established Member
Just applied a coat of Opti-Coat 2.0 on my 2011 Grabber Blue GT. Not the best picture but I will say it is slick as a dipstick!

IMG_20120818_194254-vi.jpg

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
opti-coat is good. Gtechniq Exo is even better. Car looks great though !

I don't agree, but to each his own.

Its not that you dont agree...its simply that your right. There has yet to be a product to even come close to the strength and durability that OC has. Only thing better than Opti-Coat is Opti-Guard....but its the professional line thats probably 10x stronger.

oldmodman

Established Member
That turned out great.

I've used the 2.0 on several cars now. And after three or four washes I wasn't happy about the lack of slickness that the surface felt like. So I used a CarPro product on it. I had used Reload when I used Cquartz so I decided to try it on the 2.0 even though nothing was recommended as a topper. It made the surface much slicker, but it attracted much more dust. But since I wash the car quite often I will keep on using it.

danponjican

Established Member
That turned out great.

I've used the 2.0 on several cars now. And after three or four washes I wasn't happy about the lack of slickness that the surface felt like. So I used a CarPro product on it. I had used Reload when I used Cquartz so I decided to try it on the 2.0 even though nothing was recommended as a topper. It made the surface much slicker, but it attracted much more dust. But since I wash the car quite often I will keep on using it.

The trick is to use ONR as your wash. That adds the slickness. I am a Rinseless only guy so it is a great combo. My GT never has seen a hose wash. Only ONR and one bottle of Duragloss 931 (which I actually like better than ONR).

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
One thing you have to remember about OC compared to things like 22ple, CQuartz, AQuartz and other nano/resin coatings is that OC is meant for Durability and Gloss Retention. So you will not get that really slick feel like other coatings, but you will get A LOT longer durability on it.

Chewy

Established Member
That Grabber Blue looks incredible!!!!

You can't beat the Opti-Coat/Guard performance. It lasted 2 years on my car (well 1/2 of it :) ) and I used nothing but Dawn Dish Detergent and harsh Touchless washes. When I turned the car in on the lease, it was beading like day 1! I really don't think ANY other product is this durable..mainly because they are only paint sealants and not a true "coating".

Check it out:
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-de...imum-opti-coating-durability-test-review.html

Users who are viewing this thread