opions on ported eaton dyno numbers

fish tumor

Established Member
Ive seen cobras that have similar mods as my cobra pushing higher dyno numbers with their blowers not being ported. The shop guys say that my dyno resaults are right on with my mods. Me personally i think its way under. Everybody on this site is great and thank you for your input on this topic.

My mods.
Steggy stage 4+
2.76 upper
catted x-pipe
k&n intake
Flowmasters delta 40s
ngk sparkplugs

photo-3.jpg

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
theres gotta be something wrong or tuner is no good cause i have a 2.93 pulley intake and catback and made 440 450tq

CanuckSnake

Established Member
Looks fine to me for a conservative tune, how much timing? Pick up a lower pulley, intake elbow, throttle body and give that thing some more fuel if you looking for more power. Remember a dyno is just there to give you a starting point, can't compare numbers from different dyno's.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
WOW! My hp is the same and my torque is higher with a non-ported, 2.80 car. Somethings not right.

Edit: SAE numbers. I'm assuming a mustang dyno? Your car is fine. Numbers are corrected. If you want inflated numbers that will make you feel better, have him give them to you uncorrected. :beer: Numbers are actually pretty good. Add about 4% (from what I've read) and that should be about what you are at uncorrected.

Last edited:

Indecisive

Established Member
I have a Steg stage4 with a 2.76 upper only,cai,mafia,bap,catless xpipe with borla stingers,heat exchange,ngk plugs and a bigger intercooler tank and at VMP tuning I made 513rw,and 485rwtq.It also just rained and in upper 80's that day.You numbers seem low.

red351wcobra

Established Member
Man there has to be something going on there. With just a 2.76,CAI, and Catback my car put down 465/475. And my tune is a road course tune.

Go to another shop, It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I have a Steg stage4 with a 2.76 upper only,cai,mafia,bap,catless xpipe with borla stingers,heat exchange,ngk plugs and a bigger intercooler tank and at VMP tuning I made 513rw,and 485rwtq.It also just rained and in upper 80's that day.You numbers seem low.

Post your graph and look if it is STD or SAE. STD numbers are inflated. My "500 horsepower" cobra really makes about 480 SAE

fish tumor

Established Member
The truth is I'm not a HP freak. I trully just care about the scream of the blower. Would the more HP that I might be missing from a bad tune add to the scream? Thank you all again.

Before getting concerned about the "numbers" I'd get more information on the type of dyno being used and compare it to a different dyno. I'd also ask your shop to show you the tune and explain how much timing is put into it. I have similar mods to yours OP, save the Stage 6, and I'm at 505/487 SAE. I've actually had people on this forum tell me I'm low on power. lol

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Those are low numbers for the mods it has even if they are SAE numbers. When I had the ported eaton on my cobra it made 534rwhp uncorrected and 524rwhp SAE. Did you get any baseline numbers before the mods?

fruhdaddy

Established Member
real numbers are at the track, dont let dyno numbers get to ya. If it runs better than before the dyno then thats what matters

Users who are viewing this thread