Opions needed

gs462

Established Member
Guys I currently have a 2013 GHIG M6 standard Gt with 36k miles that I bought new. it has a FRPP tune, JPC over axel pipes GT500's and 19"premium wheels, which I owe about 18,500 on. Today I looked at a 13 GHIG boss with 16k miles it has recaros and torsen diff. My question is the dealer wants my car and 17K for the boss. I know its not that huge of performance difference in the two but is the exclusiveness of the boss worth the extra money. My payment will stay the same but it will add 2 years to my loan.

Thanks,

_Snake_

Established Member
Not just the exclusiveness, but a far better engine. Absolutely go for it. The prices are about where they should be.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have to say I love my Boss!! That's from a guy that's had a C6 Z, M3 and other more high end cars. The Boss is the most fun to drive car I have owned! You know what you can afford.... I'm not a S550 fan, but the GT350 might be something to consider in a year and half too.... You will owe that much less on your car then, might not up your payment much more... But I love my Boss and you can't go wrong with one!!

IamRacerX

Established Member
Not sure I think it's worth 17k and your '13 GT... But the Boss has held it's value much better than the GT so that's why it's that number.

gs462

Established Member
Well the dealer and I stalled at 1800 bux apart, and for what its worth im not that upset. I will put headers and a tune on mine and see how she runs. and down the road a S/C

IamRacerX

Established Member
Well the dealer and I stalled at 1800 bux apart, and for what its worth im not that upset. I will put headers and a tune on mine and see how she runs. and down the road a S/C
You drew the line in the sand, if you got it for your number then it made sense. You didn't and it makes sense to keep your GT... Good decision. The Boss is awesome, but not at the wrong price!

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
You're lucky, when I saw mine, my eyes just glazed over and I handed the dealer my wallet.

CALIF BOSS302

Established Member
Guys I currently have a 2013 GHIG M6 standard Gt with 36k miles that I bought new. it has a FRPP tune, JPC over axel pipes GT500's and 19"premium wheels, which I owe about 18,500 on. Today I looked at a 13 GHIG boss with 16k miles it has recaros and torsen diff. My question is the dealer wants my car and 17K for the boss. I know its not that huge of performance difference in the two but is the exclusiveness of the boss worth the extra money. My payment will stay the same but it will add 2 years to my loan.

Thanks,

Not worth it at + $17K. You dump those extra 2 years of payments into your GT and it will out handle and out run a Boss. Now if we were talking $5K maybe, but $17K is quite a bit of difference. Heck I bet you could buy a complete Boss motor for like $8K.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread