Opinions, who makes the best chrome 03 replicas

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I am getting ready to buy a set of chrome 03 Cobra replicas. I just wanted to touch base and see what the majority is recommending as the best these days. I know this has been covered in the past but I wanted to get present opinions based on what is available today. Thinking about going with the standard 17 x 9 on all four corners. What manufacturer is considered the best?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I had 18" AFS wheels on my old cobra and they were really nice. One wheel had some very light hazing that you could only see up close. I don't have any experience with any other brands.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
If you are just going with stock 17x9 find some stockers
If not go with 17x9 in the front and 17x10.5 in the back
If you like a little more show go with 18's

To me they are all the same imo

03cobraracer

Established Member
I have the afs 17x9 17x10.5 now and they are great. I'm gonna go with the 18s in the same sizes though. Helps having the wider rear rim it looks way better and you can run a bigger tire. Stock wheels sit in to much on the rear

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
I own the 18" AFS Chrome wheels for about 3 years and have not had any problems at all they still looking brand new to me :D

jbrown1238

Established Member
Thank you everyone. I appreciate the info. I have been seeing a lot of "SVE" wheels around but have also been familiar with the AFS brand too. Just didn't have any idea they came so highly recommended. Seems like most prefer the AFS wheels.

cj428mach

Established Member
I went with American Muscle because they have good prices, free shipping and I knew they're great customer service would take care of any issues if I had them. I ordered 2 chrome 17 x 10.5 flush face wheels and they match my oem fronts perfectly.

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Can you guys post some pics? I'm trying to debate if I want the AFS wheels or something a bit more. Thanks guys!

SoCaDan

Established Member
I just had my new AFS 18's installed over the weekend. They look fantastic! The chrome finish were out of stock for awhile and just recently came in. The wait was worth it. They are a bit more expensive than the other replicas but I was definitely going for quality over price. My stock center caps fit perfectly.

Last edited:

Jsko

Established Member
7S7VMwA.jpg

qualls22

Established Member
I went with American muscles 17's as my car is lowered so much and 18's would require me to roll the fenders and I don't trust anyone around here to do that so I just went with the 17's and I was very pleased with the price and free shipping and also can't beat the customer service!

I have seen a lot of people with AFS ones and they look really great also!

jbrown1238

Established Member
Looks like the AFS is what most people like. I don't know why but I had always thought they were one of the lower end choices. Not sure where that idea came from. They all look great in these photos. Thank you everyone for the input and feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread