Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Black

Votes: 45 77.6%

• Total voters

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
what do you guys think?

i'm contemplating having my stainless works exhaust powder coated in either black or gunmetal... something close to the rims.

the chrome kinda just sticks out too much seeing as there is none on the car. almost seems outta place.

chrome.gif

black.gif

Ky GT500

Established Member
Gonna have to go with darken em up. Do look outta place. I prefer subtle , but in your face when called on. Darker will blend better with the car,,,,,but that's just me.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I voted black but wouldn't go all black. Pipes finished in midnight/black chrome would look the best IMO while still tying in the color of the wheels.

440sprint

Established Member
Chrome exhaust tips are soooo traditional, but I think black would look great!

My all white, stripe-delete has all black trim except the chrome exhaust tips. Please post a pic if you tint yours black. I may want to try it, too.

railroad

Established Member
I would tape them up, spray the tape for effect. The tape will be easily removed and ready to try another color or shade. They have some hammered black and charcoal colors out that look good.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
can you not adjust them more? see if loosening the connection at the h-pipe will let you scoot them up some..

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
can you not adjust them more? see if loosening the connection at the h-pipe will let you scoot them up some..

no you can't adjust them in any more. they have the same design issue that pretty much all the aftermarket exhausts have... except the corsas. the angle cut of the tips to follow the rear quarter panel is pretty sharp. all of the systems i've seen don't have the angle cut on the tips, they are straight. they pull the outside tip more in toward the center of the car, but the staggered offset won't come close to having an angled cut. so therefore on all the systems i've seen, the outter tip is always sticking out farther than what looks good to have the exhaust clearing the bumper.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
no you can't adjust them in any more. they have the same design issue that pretty much all the aftermarket exhausts have... except the corsas. the angle cut of the tips to follow the rear quarter panel is pretty sharp. all of the systems i've seen don't have the angle cut on the tips, they are straight. they pull the outside tip more in toward the center of the car, but the staggered offset won't come close to having an angled cut. so therefore on all the systems i've seen, the outter tip is always sticking out farther than what looks good to have the exhaust clearing the bumper.

ok. but have you actually gone under the car and tried to adjust? also you may want to spray some wd-40 on the hangers to help loosen them up.

Users who are viewing this thread