Opinions on turbo vs roots blower vs procharger on 07 GT

truculentSVT

Established Member
Turbo>Supercharger

Google STS Turbo. Youtube STS turbo mustang GT. Listen to the STS turbo. Then see how you feel. If your like me... It's hard to make Mustang owners understand that Superchargers aren't the best.

Longevity will be inevitably be destroyed with ANY supercharger/turbo.. However, a system that is more efficient will last considerably longer than the other. Superchargers compared to turbo's are inefficient.

Another thing. Do not listen to anyone who talks about turbo lag on a v8. Lag will be no factor, when you can produce over 300 ft lbs of torque naturally.

Its not about peak my friend. Its about the curve>..

Generally speaking, a twin screw has a much broader curve..

Last edited:

chris1badL

Established Member
Back when I had my 2008 GT, I had a D1 procharger. It made 515rwhp and 445rwtq. Very fun car but would have rather had a twinscrew. The prochargers are extremely loud also so if you want a quiet setup then you might want to look into the helical gears. I paid $4000 complete kit for that setup used. There are some pretty good deals on s197forum if you wait for them. good luck

BruceH

Established Member
Back when I had my 2008 GT, I had a D1 procharger. It made 515rwhp and 445rwtq. Very fun car but would have rather had a twinscrew. The prochargers are extremely loud also so if you want a quiet setup then you might want to look into the helical gears. I paid $4000 complete kit for that setup used. There are some pretty good deals on s197forum if you wait for them. good luck

I have a friend with a D procharger. If I was to do anything other than the whipple I currently have it would be a d procharger. Those things are just wicked and the power delivery is great.

Marc S

Established Member
I'm getting the bug for more power out of my 07 GT. Currently has a Airaid cold air and Corsa axleback exhaust. Did some looking around today at different options and so far it looks like a Kenny bell or Saleen s/c are good for roots style, Pro-Charger for centrifugul style, and maybe hellion or something else for a turbo kit. Car is an auto. I'm wandering what your opinions are on the different types of forced induction and any issues with any of them. Regardless of which way I go, I want it tuned on the conservative side as its my DD and want it to last and still get decent mileage when not in the throttle. I was guessing a turbo would be best in that respect but curious what the results have been for others. And how much power can the stock auto trans hold up to? Thanks, T.

I have had 3 Prochargers on 3 different cars. I have never had any issues with any of them. If you go Procharger, I would skip right past the P1 and upgrade to the D1. The cost is about $300.00 and worth every penny. That being said, I wish I would have upgraded to the F1A. I originally never planned on wanting this much HP. But you know how that goes. My current combo has maxed out my D1. There is nothing at all wrong with the twinscrews. A twin screw will almost always make more torque than a centri with the same boost. This is due to the twin screw making it's max boost at the torque peak.

I have a friend with a D procharger. If I was to do anything other than the whipple I currently have it would be a d procharger. Those things are just wicked and the power delivery is great.

Thanks for the props Bruce!

Users who are viewing this thread