Opinions On Seats Needed!

13 GT/CS

Established Member
Looking for some new seats for my 2013. Was wondering what everyone else recommended and if anyone could post some pics? I have looked at the Corbeau CR1 Racing Seats, but I'm also a big fan of the track pack Recaros which I cant really find anywhere. Any opinions, pics, or input is appreciated, thanks!

ModBargains

Established Member
I really need to get more photos of my seat, but here's my Sparco Pro.ADV seat right after I finally installed it:

IMG_3181.gif

devildog1679

Established Member
I have the CR1's going on 3 years. Great seat for the price but after three years you can deffinitly feel the leg bolsters open up a bit. Still 100% better than stock seats. I'm actually in the process of getting 2012 specific Recaro's. The quality is better, plus the added safety.

evil281

Established Member
I have the CR1's going on 3 years. Great seat for the price but after three years you can deffinitly feel the leg bolsters open up a bit. Still 100% better than stock seats. I'm actually in the process of getting 2012 specific Recaro's. The quality is better, plus the added safety.

Pics or it didn't happen...

Paul.

Established Member
From my write-up on this forum, I installed power, heated, adjustable lumbar Shelby leather Recaros in my 2011 GT.

Got the in today. This was quite a bit of work, and even more money. However, the end result is worth it. I wonder if anyone else has done power / OEM heated Recaros yet? If not, hopefully someone will take the writeups by TOB and me and tackle it for themselves.

So a quick wrap up... Here's the breakdown of what it took to do this:
- OEM "Comfort Package" with dual power/heated seats
- (2) Upper and (2) Bottom seat heater pads from Tousley - ~$310
- FRPP Cloth Recaros, I paid $2500 private party. The best I've seen is about $2800 new
- Shelby Leather skins, I paid $800 from Rehagen because I wanted white stripes, which are a little more rare than all black
- About 20 hours of work total I think. You may be able to do it more quickly... I'm slow.
- Various small prying tools, trim tools, picks, screwdrivers, torx driver, 13mm and 15mm sockets
- Lots of patience and attention to detail

Everything works just like factory. The support on these seats is NIGHT AND DAY different from my stock 401A seats. They are so much more comfortable and supportive, and having the adjustable lumbar swapped into the Recaro is nice. It's a little soon to tell, but I have feeling this will be absolute favorite mod on the car. Having a nice seat and a nice steering wheel makes all the difference in a car - especially if you drive it daily like I do. I'm thrilled with the result. The heated seats are really nice too, except on a day like today where it was 85* in Phoenix while the rest of the country is under feet of snow and ice.

Overall, if you have the means, I highly recommend it.

RecarosInstalled1_zpsf1fee7ff.jpg

RecarosInstalled2_zps51e33b4f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread