Opinions on New '16 Roush Supercharged

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
So I sold my '14 last year and I'm finally ready to get back in another 5.0. I have been looking at Premium PP but the other day I found a dealer that has a Base GT, PP, and a Phase 1 670hp Roush kit on it. I guess my big worries are going Base vs Premium and the Supercharger with a 3.73 rear gear. I feel like I'd rather have the blower over the Premium features (car will NOT be a DD...), but I'm thinking the 3.73 gear might be a bit much for street use... Any opinions on the gear or anyone that bought a base vs premium? Thanks!

gremlinsteve

Established Member
I do not feel in my opinion you will have any issue with the 3.73 gearing
We are not the only ones running around like this

Venumous

Established Member
Drag Radials will be a must for street driving. I'll probably go to 3.31s in the future (more to move the top of 4th up significantly than anything else). Nitto NT05Rs have no problem putting the power down (Nitto 305s on factory 9.5" wheel do not bulge at all).

Flippmode

Lifes too short to drive boring cars!
Established Member
I own a 2015 gtpp with tvs 700+rwhp thats a street car.I love it but plan on a set of drag radials if you want to hookup and recommend some rear end suspension work You will sacrifice handling but will have blast in a straight line.Me personaly doing the supercharger was my favorite upgrade.

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
I do not feel in my opinion you will have any issue with the 3.73 gearing
We are not the only ones running around like this

Thanks, Ya I know it's a pretty popular mod

Drag Radials will be a must for street driving. I'll probably go to 3.31s in the future (more to move the top of 4th up significantly than anything else). Nitto NT05Rs have no problem putting the power down (Nitto 305s on factory 9.5" wheel do not bulge at all).

I have read alot of ppl going to the 3.31 or 3.15. That's why I was thinking the 3.73 maybe useless. But it's good to know you can get the power down with just some DR's

I own a 2015 gtpp with tvs 700+rwhp thats a street car.I love it but plan on a set of drag radials if you want to hookup and recommend some rear end suspension work You will sacrifice handling but will have blast in a straight line.Me personaly doing the supercharger was my favorite upgrade.

Good to know. Ya most of my driving will be drag

JasinEdward

Established Member
The fastest stock pass on an m6 with the Roush kit was done with 3.73's..... He has since changed gears and is shooting for 9's....

1quick

Established Member
I have an auto 16gt base with a roush setup from the dealer, I switched to a vmp tune a fuel system and a 79mm pulley the car feels great now, the base is plenty for me I don't really care about the options that make it a premium for what I do mostly just cruising and track use tint the windows at a car show no one cares what your seats are made out of

Venumous

Established Member
Update: final tune revision from Lund last night on mine and it breaks loose on 3-4 shift with the additional timing.. just a lot of power to put down.

Runewrath

Established Member
At least you can find a dealer that isn't marking up like crazy. The only RS3 here in the city is marked up to 97k.

whatsup62

Established Member
Like everyone said....I bought a base GT PP because I knew what direction I was going....same as you. DR's will get the power to the ground. The catch is half shafts and stock clutch will not live long on a m6, DR, 3.73 car. Plan on upgrading those as well.

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Thanks for all the opinions guys. I ended up pulling the trigger this weekend. I found a New 2016 OW GT Premium. 3.55, voice nav, back-up cam, and 20" wheels.... and of course added the Roush/FRPP Phase 1 670hp kit. Should be all done by the end of the week!! I ended up wanting the Premium options, but the 0% for 72 months really helped too. My old cobra was supercharged with 3.55's and I liked it. Once I pick the car up I'll post some pics.

toby

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I ended up pulling the trigger this weekend. I found a New 2016 OW GT Premium. 3.55, voice nav, back-up cam, and 20" wheels.... and of course added the Roush/FRPP Phase 1 670hp kit. Should be all done by the end of the week!! I ended up wanting the Premium options, but the 0% for 72 months really helped too. My old cobra was supercharged with 3.55's and I liked it. Once I pick the car up I'll post some pics.

I feel ya brotha! I'm kinda in the same boat right now! Did you get an auto or manual with those 3.55s?

wjfawb0

Established Member
Congrats on the car. I had a 2003 Cobra, and I think my only real mod to my 2015 GT will be a twin screw blower. One of my biggest issues with tunes and my 03 Cobra was the part throttle acceleration. Especially with an accufab oval bore throttle body, there was not much in between WOT and 50% throttle. Hopefully there is a little more transition with the newer cars and the blower bypass. Anyone have opinions on how sudden the transistion is for the blower bypass closing as throttle is increased on a Roush/FRPP blower kit? Option #2 for me if I wanted to maintain better drivability in the curves would be the GT350 intake route with headers.

Users who are viewing this thread