Opinions on McLeod RXT???

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Wondering what people are thinking about the McLeod RXT. *Mine just doesn't seem to want to break in... *I've had it professionally installed and adjusted with the double hook quadrant, cable, and firewall adjuster. *I've been taking it easy on it now for about 700 miles, but only 50-70 miles since being "adjusted properly". *
So what are your thoughts on the clutch???

rudycobra

Established Member
Wat do u mean by break in ? I have few k miles on mine but it still is all or nothing . Feels like u can't really ride it at all . I like the clutch alot except for that part .

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
I have a little over 1000 miles on mine and have daily driven my car for the last 3 weeks since i installed it and i love it....super soft....all i did to adjust was took out the slack out of the clutch cable to where it bearly rides the tob.... i dont understand why there are some many issues with improper adjustment......mine would chatter for about the first 400 miles but no chatter now.....:shrug:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Wat do u mean by break in ? I have few k miles on mine but it still is all or nothing . Feels like u can't really ride it at all . I like the clutch alot except for that part .

I was very soft on the clutch, grannied it for about 500 miles. Then when I got on it, it would slip. So I immediately took it back to JBA, they adjusted it. Now I am 100% sure everything is as good as it should be. So why the slipping still? Im just wondering if it needs a whole new break in period since the adjustment.

I have a little over 1000 miles on mine and have daily driven my car for the last 3 weeks since i installed it and i love it....super soft....all i did to adjust was took out the slack out of the clutch cable to where it bearly rides the tob.... i dont understand why there are some many issues with improper adjustment......mine would chatter for about the first 400 miles but no chatter now.....:shrug:

I dont have any chatter at all. I am happy with the pedal feel and pretty much everything about this clutch up UNITIL I hot about 6psi of boost. Then it just slips. I did the same with my cable as well. There is just a small amount of slack on my cable. Very good engagement location. Before the adjustment, it was wayyyy at the top. Kinda hard to drive tbh

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I meant from a stop, its not an on/off switch i can drive it liek a stock clutch.

Ive never drove a cobra on a stock clutch. I had a centerforce in her when I got her. Thing held up all the way through the powerband. Never ever had an issue until I had the Engine replaced. Thats when this all happened. Do you think this could be possibly related? I wonder if thos ford boys down at the dealer did me dirty and adjusted my fork on purpose to eff the thing up? Either way, I can only drive my car without boost now. I pretty much have a dud atm :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread