Opinions on l&m dual 66 vs cj65

justablur91

Established Member
In the market for a tb for my and im looking at either a cj65 or a used l&m 66 i know the cj is a popular choice but whos had experience with l&m any idle or tuning issues?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Might as well get the ford racing mono, it flows more than both and it's cheaper. I stayed away from it due to the idle issues with the bigger one's but no problems reported after years with the cj on here.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah trying to stay away from the mono blades

Why? I have the SCJ mono-blade on mine and haven't had a single problem with it. I replaced a CJ twin 65mm with it and didn't even get a new tune. Works brilliantly and drives like stock. Definitely makes a difference on the big end according to seat-of-the-pants feel.

builttodrive

Established Member
I heard mono blades drivability issues are hit in miss but most prefer the twins on the street. I also was told that after 67mm in size there really wasn't enough gain to go larger on the street with a TVS and the larger ones are more of a pain to tune. I also did a lot of reading when I was looking to buy one and I didn't like what I read on the L&M stuff. Read nothing but good things about the CJ 65mm and VMP 67mm.

This is just the info I collected.

enormous

Established Member
I bought my L&M 66 when the first came out and had my engine retuned numerous times without issue. The L&M is one fine TB the way I see it.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP is currently offering a 67mm throttle body. I think it's priced under the FRPP 65mm CJ twin. It flows something just short of the CJ monoblade.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I've had both L&M TB's (dual 66 and currently the dual 72). They were both awesome! No issues at all. Drivability and street manners are great. Highly recommend the L&M.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Either option works well. Just find out which your tuner prefers an go with it. I choose the cj65 because it goes well with all my ford racing parts.

builttodrive

Established Member
strange i havent really seen any bad things on the l&m 66 hear it flows more then the cj65 with stock driveability

I wouldn't try and sway you in any direction but I heard there were some drivability and idle issue with the l&m's and the mono blades. L&M has lots of dyno coverage and it looks like they produce nice numbers. I was talked into buying a VMP 67mm Twin on my new build but I won't know how it works until the weather gets nicer. There was an L&M 66 floating around on ebay forever for like $300 shipped.

justablur91

Established Member
Hmm interesting everyone that seems to run the l&m 66 says its great and drives like factory with no idle issues i believe its all in the tune from what i hear

ponyboy96

Established Member
I'm running the l&m 66. Didn't notice much of a difference over stock. When you first put it on, there are some very slight idle surging until the computer relearns that IAC stuff. Maybe a day or so. Then just like stock.

builttodrive

Established Member
Hmm interesting everyone that seems to run the l&m 66 says its great and drives like factory with no idle issues i believe its all in the tune from what i hear

I have no first hand experience but when I was looking to buy a TB I did a ton of research and I came across others saying this on both this forum and other gt500 and shelby forums. Just what I read...I also read a lot of positive results so maybe it's in the tune. I have a friend with a whipple 3.4 with a mono on his and he said though it's pretty good and he can live with it, it's not as smooth as a twin.

99SSls1

Established Member
I have done the l&m and it was bad, go with vmp or cj65. Port the cj65 and be done with it because you can pick them up used. No idle problems at all with them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread