Opinions on kb hp#s

lwb97

Established Member
just had my car dynoed and tuned.... 2003 redfire vert, polished kb 2.2, kb tb, afco h/e, sct maf, jlt cai, 60# injectors, 90mm idler, zoom stage 3 clutch,tr6's at .028, 18psi on 93 octane

mustang dyno
peak hp 565/534 tq this was the best run... after a good 45 min cool down, back to back runs produced average #'s of 544-551 range

i am well aware of the loading capabilities of the mustang dyno as opposed to non eddy current generating dynojet (8-10% less reading) and have dynoed other cars on the dynojet without the loading factor.... i was just wondering if anyone out there has numbers similar to this on a mustang dyno... it seems that several numbers of similar setups are showing over 600 on a mustang dyno.... i dont post alot... just read alot...anyways... opinions are welcome... thanks:coolman:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I think your numbers sound right on par for a Mustang Dyno. Alot of Mustang Dyno numbers you see here have been "fudged" IMHO.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That would put you at about an estimated 595 rwhp on a dynojet, which sounds spot on to me with your mods. Great numbers!

The real difference between a Dyno-jet and a MD is actually closer to about 5%.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread