Opinions on HX upgrade: Will it really make much different if already heat soaked?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It's going to take some editing with the additional pics, but I'm going to give it my best effort this weekend. It's not going to be a brief read, because it's morphed into more than I intended.

Last edited:

Wingrider

Established Member
I have all the stuff to do the 13/14 pump relocation but ran out of interest after running hard track sessions and the HE coolant is @ at ambient temp. My only thinking about moving it now is to get the stock pump out of the way of the radiator for what little incremental air flow there might be.
To recap- Yes I have the Revan/C&R extreme radiator and heat exchanger. Plus I just had the actual intercooler swapped out for the 13/14 unit. I was running ambient before the 13/14 intercooler swap, but was in there so I thought more was better and went for the upgrade.

Last edited:

merkyworks

Established Member
It's live, check out this post in the how-to section.

Great write-up, so much good information! Thank you for creating this, well worth the wait. Have a few questions but I will PM those to you.
HospitablePlainHuia-size_restricted.gif

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Feel free to start a new thread in this section. Others may have similar questions. While what I wrote makes sense to me, there are areas that might need to be expanded and/or edited.

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Just to add some closure, I finally installed the 170 stat and updated tune. Reason I waited so long was due to needing inspection by end of July and wasn’t sure if they’d run emissions. In PA you’re exempt if under 5k but since Car was inspected prior to me buying it’s grey area as it was 11 months of me owning. (Was exempt FWIW.) Adding to that I didn’t know if I had time to drive it around enough get readiness monitors ready (due to updated tune). On top of the never ending rain in the NE, I literally just got first chance to drive it and make sure all is well.

Car runs 170-180F as per Interceptor gauge and with 80-85F ambient. Tonight was several 1st through 4th pulls. As other times as far as the HX, I still haven’t saw over 30-33F IAT2’s over ambient either. Really happy with VMP’s tunes and hardware.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I will look into the 13-14 pump down the road Catmonkey.

Users who are viewing this thread