Opinions on Grand Am GT's???

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Is that one of those new GTO thingies?:xpl:

Last edited:

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
Hopefully he didn't purchase it new. It is one of the worse cars that does not hold value at all. I lost a ton of money a few years ago and I even purchased mine used. The grand-am and malibu does not hld value due to all the rent a cars buy a ton of them and then let them go with 30,000 to 40,000 miles so they can be picked up very cheap at auctions. I had a 2000 GT with 58,000 miles and ended up trading it in for a whopping $6,500. I purchased it used with 31,000 miles and paid 13,900 plus all fees. I had it for sale 4 months and not one bite at all. I hope he got it very cheap because if not he will be upside down for a long, long time.

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
As for problems, I had mine 1 1/2 years and had to repair the manifold gasket twice, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, water pump, radio twice, 3 of the 4 window motors and that was about it. So overall I was not very happy with the car.

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
Pontiac interiors are bulky, cheap looking, and will eventually fall apart in your hands.

Grand Am and Grand Prix especially.

Mac25

Established Member
I’ve owned 2 of them, a 00 and a 03. I am not really for them but the wife likes them?? Our 00 fell apart. I had to take it back to the dealership 4 times. No big deal right? Well besides the first tow from my house the other 3 times were on the way home from the dealership….didn’t even make it home!!!! The only reason why she has the 03 is because after fighting with them they gave it to us for basically nothing. I don’t mind the car. It rides nice and looks good for a 4 door family car. If they could only stay together. Oh and as said before the re-sale value is horrible! If you like the car and plan on keeping it for a long time then buy it, but make sure you get an extended warranty!!!!

IDAREU

Banned
I have a 04 Grand am se with the 3400 as my winter car. It has really surprised me. I do like driving the car, it is a good balance of a car that is sporty and a practical daily driver.

I agree do not purchase one, resale blows. They have great lease deals on these cars. I got mine with $1000 total out of pocket for $175 a month, 36 month lease.
My car is loaded even has a sunroof,chrome wheels,xm radio and the aero wing.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
My friend had an 00 GAGT with the 3.4 HO and owned it less than 2 years before trading it in on a Grand Prix. The chrome on the rims flaked off, the power steering pump went out, and he had other problems with electrical system gremlins. He hated it.

If you want more info and stuff: www.n-body.net

Users who are viewing this thread