Opinions on Ford Racing Springs?

87lc2

Established Member
Only want to drop my car about 1.25" so Im going to go with the Ford Racing springs, just not sure on "B" or "C". I like the factory ride quality so I was thinking the B springs, but just wanted to get some opinions on either.

harvboi05

Established Member
a friend of mine has C springs all around and it looks really good, and rides well also. its as low is id prefer to drop an sn95 IMO. he is running tokico struts. I am running bullet rear springs and prefer them over the sportlines or stockers i had back there. there is a good bit of wheel gap with stock height-ed tires tho.

ill see if i can dig up some pics of his car.

87lc2

Established Member
Pics would be great, thanks guys. My real issue is that I can get the C springs for about $40 cheaper. I dont really care about the money, but if the C's arent too harsh I would go with them to save a few bucks. I was all set on the B's fro $160 from Jegs/Summit, but a friend has a brand new pair of C's he'd give me for about $120.

As said before though, if the B's give a much nicer ride, ill gladly spend the extra cash.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Just had the C springs installed, along with Tokico blues and J@M c/c plates. Since I am middle aged, did not want something that was too low and had to worry about scraping the belly of the car. With poly isos installed I believe I may have found for me the perfect setup for my car.
It did not lower the car too much- around 1 to 1 1/4 inches, has a nice rake, firmed up the ride, like the linear front and progressive rear spring rates and the car corners flatter now than the stock suspension setup. So far every Ford Motorsport product that I have bought has exceeded my expectations.

87lc2

Established Member
Just had the C springs installed, along with Tokico blues and J@M c/c plates. Since I am middle aged, did not want something that was too low and had to worry about scraping the belly of the car. With poly isos installed I believe I may have found for me the perfect setup for my car.
It did not lower the car too much- around 1 to 1 1/4 inches, has a nice rake, firmed up the ride, like the linear front and progressive rear spring rates and the car corners flatter now than the stock suspension setup. So far every Ford Motorsport product that I have bought has exceeded my expectations.

Good to hear, its not too harsh up front with the C's i guess? Do you happen to have a pic of the car? 1 - 1 1/4 drop would be perfect, i dont want my car slammed either, just a little lower. I also wouldnt mind a nice rake to the car.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
IMG00048-20101018-1647.jpg

I just shot this real quick with my phone. Sorry about the quality of picture.

Factory spring rate for 1996- 98 Cobra:
front-400/505 lbs/in. variable
rear-165/265 in/lbs. variable

C-springs:
# Front: 650 lb/in.
# Rear: 200-300 lb/in

B-springs:
Front 425/530 - Rear 200/300

Attachments

• IMG00048-20101018-1647.jpg
    IMG00048-20101018-1647.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

87lc2

Established Member
Looks good, thanks. And thats with all isolators in and no coils cut? How is the ride? Just worried about them being too stiff up front.

harvboi05

Established Member
no pics of the C-springs, but here is a video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKo2b5VMtus"]YouTube - mikes 5.0[/nomedia]

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Looks good, thanks. And thats with all isolators in and no coils cut? How is the ride? Just worried about them being too stiff up front.

All isos installed (polyurethane) and no cut coils. The ride is slightly firmer but not jarring. Now if you hit a deep pothole that would be a different story. Just make sure you have a nice set of dampeners like the Tokico Blues or something better to keep the ride from getting bouncy.
Have been driving it every day since the install and enjoy driving it again.

87lc2

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys, think Ill go with the C's Looks like they're not too low either, may not even need c/c plates. Not too worried about tire wear anyway, only do about 1k a year in the car. thanks again guys.

davidj5491

Established Member
I had B springs on my car before and loved them. To me, they are the perfect drop and ride quality on an SN95. Only reason I changed is that I went with a more drag race oriented setup, with coil-overs out front and cut stockers in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread